Vango Banshee 200 & DD Frontline Hammock

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Jinsin456

Settler
Nov 14, 2010
Maybole, Scotland
Gauging a bit of interest in these two items to see if I really want to get rid of them.

First up is the Vango Banshee 200, been used maybe half a dozen times but in very good condition, no holes etc and always stored dry. Only tiny thing wrong with it is that the stiitching for one of the tabs that the toggle goes through to hold the inner door open has come away so there is only one eye and toggle to hold the inner open. This is more than enough though and it could be fixed in about 3 seconds but as I'm rubbish at sewing I'm not going to attempt it! Apart from this and the usual dirt on the underside of the groundsheet the tent is perfect. Will post up pics if any interest but the tent can be seen in this thread

http://www.bushcraftuk.com/forum/showthread.php?t=110370

These are currently retailing for around £85 so say trade value of £50?

Next up is a DD Frontline hammock, the older version that doesn't come with spreader bars. Again this has only been used about half a dozen times and is in near perfect condition. I have cut the lines and tied them for the karabiner mod although karabiners will not be included but these can be picked up very cheap. Again I can post up pictures if there is any interest but it looks just like every other DD hammock out there :D

Comes with a DD snakeskin.

Not sure of trade value but I'm sure someone will have an idea.

Not really sure what I'm after, trying to go quite lightweight with kit so anything light would be a bonus. Try me with anything though as I say I'm not sure what I'm after or whether I really want to swap but i the right thing comes along then I'm sure something can be arranged :)

HillBill

Bushcrafter through and through
Oct 1, 2008
W. Yorkshire
Interested in the Banshee mate. What sort of thing are you looking for in trades, i don't have any lightweight gear. Could make you a blade for it?

Jinsin456

Settler
Nov 14, 2010
Maybole, Scotland
Interested in the Banshee mate. What sort of thing are you looking for in trades, i don't have any lightweight gear. Could make you a blade for it?

I really hate to say this as I have seen the outstanding quality of your work but I think I'm actually good for knives atm, been using the same one for a while now and am really reluctant to change and I have Moras for everything else. Hate saying this but it wouldn't get the use it would deserve :(

As I said it doesn't have to be lightweight, I'm a bit of a kit junkie and can't actually think of anything I need lol!! I'm looking for ideas lol. Would also be intrested in anything to do with photography, mountain biking or canoeing.

Badger74

Jun 10, 2008
Ex Leeds, now Killala
quote_icon.png
Originally Posted by HillBill

...can't compete with that- that's a bloody good offer!

Its like top trumps, a knife from Mark beats all:)

Macaroon

A bemused & bewildered
Jan 5, 2013
SE Wales
Must be a very good knife you have if you can turn down an offer of one of Mark's blades...................................

Jinsin456

Settler
Nov 14, 2010
Maybole, Scotland
Must be a very good knife you have if you can turn down an offer of one of Mark's blades...................................

It's nothing special tbh but it's one bit of kit that I've used and really liked and really don't want to replace atm. It's veeeeery tempting for a new shiney toy but I'm just simply not in the market for a new knife.

Not even sure I want to get rid of this stuff yet unless the right thing comes along.

Macaroon

A bemused & bewildered
Jan 5, 2013
SE Wales
Like everything else, they're as special as you make 'em, eh? I know how that goes, I'm not one to swap kit for the sake of it, there has to be a clear and positive benefit for me to change any of my regular kit. atb mac

Jinsin456

Settler
Nov 14, 2010
Maybole, Scotland
Like everything else, they're as special as you make 'em, eh? I know how that goes, I'm not one to swap kit for the sake of it, there has to be a clear and positive benefit for me to change any of my regular kit. atb mac

Yeah it's only an Enzo Trapper but I've had it a few years and it does its job wonderfully. I'm not really one for trading either but I have upgraded the Banshee for an MSR Hubba and upgraded the DD for a Hennessey Asym so am unlikely to use them again, I'm not saying I won't or they won't be handy for something though.

Anything for bikepacking would be nice too actually, keep randomly thinking of things I could use :D

Also like the look of Goal Zero's solar stuff if anyone has anything for trade.

Jinsin456

Settler
Nov 14, 2010
Maybole, Scotland
Wee bump for today and a refresher on what I want to trade.

Lightweight inflatable sleeping mat (Ideally Alpkit Numo or Exped Downmat probably for both items)
Something for Bikepacking
Anything Photography Related
Anything Mountain Bike Related
Goal Zero Stuff
Canoe Stuff

Eragon21

May 30, 2009
Aberdare
I would like to trade for the Banshee, I haven't got any of the lightweight stuff that you have asked for is there anything else that you want/need?

Goliath

Forager
Jun 19, 2006
Netherlands
I might be interested in the Frontline Hammock :) Would you be willing to ship it to the Netherlands (if we agree on a trade, obviously).
What kind of photography items are you looking for? And what system are you using? Canon?

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE