Valentines Day

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

mikeob

Jun 3, 2009
Cardiff
In Medaeval times Valantines day was believed to be the day birds chose their mates for the coming year. Of course we know better now, but......
As I was walking my dog today I was struck by the number of pairs of birds I saw. Also, the amount of birdsong, and the species involved was much greater than even last week. Blue, great and coal tits, song thrushes, blackbirds and goldcrest all joined the hardy perennnials of wren and robin.
The year is turning and it is a privilege to witness it.

Chambers

Settler
Jan 1, 2010
Darlington
Fantastic, I know we nipped down to the scout camp today to see how the hut had faired the winter and it was great t see all the sheep ready for lambing and the few robins quite close in the hedgerows

Gotta love the fact that no matter how bad the weather is and no matter how gloomy the economy is, nature just gets on with it and blossoms

Nov 29, 2004
Scotland
There is a Transylvanian (and I believe Croatian) tradition that no woodcutter should enter the forest on the 14th February as it is "the song-birds honeymoon".

:)

Last edited:

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE