vacuum sealer at lidi

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

British Red

M.A.B (Mad About Bushcraft)
Dec 30, 2005
Mercia
Get a good one or don't bother - spiky items (like jerky) just puncture the thin film the cheap ones use

rik_uk3

Banned
Jun 10, 2006
south wales
These are fine for most things, vacuum pack home made stews, curry, oats, sugar etc I don't cook jerky or biltong until its crisp to be honest. Some models can use thicker bags depending upon if the heated element can handle the gauge of plastic.

Bucephalas

Jan 19, 2012
Chepstow, Wales
Mines a Lidl on from a few years back. It works ok but only handles light grade bags and it will only suck out so much air.
The more expensive ones have a better extraction with a tube that fits into the bag for more efficient operation.
I adapted mine by pushing a cut down drinking straw through the hole.

Worth £20 though.

kard133

Mar 20, 2010
Bath
I picked up one of these today, and tested it with some frankenfurters, did OK, not a perfect vacuum on my first try, but got better with practice. The manual states do not use for liqueds which could be sucked into the device, and only use hdpe or ldpe bags or plastic. It should come in handy for the moot, with bacon and things. :)

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE