Vacuum sealer advice wanted

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

bushblade

Nomad
Jul 5, 2003
West Yorkshire
www.bushblade.co.uk
Hi folks,

Since we have seen the recent posts about dehydrators we've been considering getting one, but we are also thinking about getting a vacuum sealer too.

Can anyone offer any advice on which one to get?

Is it possibble to vacuum seal meals like stew to later reheat in the bag? Boil in the bag?

How long would such meals keep packaged this way?

Any help is much appreciated :)

tommy the cat

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Feb 6, 2007
SHROPSHIRE UK
My mate (butcher) uses them for extending the shelf life of meats. Gives a good couple of weeks to shelf life kept in the fridge. I guess its finding a plastic bag that is suitable for heating meals in which dont leave a taste or leach nasty chemicals into your food.
His vacuum sealer incidentally was expensive but then its intended for commercial use.
Dave

woodstock

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Apr 7, 2007
off grid somewhere else
I have been using the JML vacuum sealer for ages with great results you can even use it to marinate meat or fish quick time great bit of kit and cheap

British Red

M.A.B (Mad About Bushcraft)
Dec 30, 2005
Mercia
You can buy "boil in" bags from Lakeland. Would you like me to sea if my "el cheapo" brand vacuum sealer will seal them bushblade?

Red

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE