Vacuum packed Air dried French pepper salami

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

tombear

On a new journey
Jul 9, 2004
Rossendale, Lancashire
Years back you used to be able to buy whole vacuum packed pepper salamis, about a inch and a half thick at supper markets. These had a long unrefrigated shelf life, 60 to 90 days if I remember rignt, and was ideal for carving chunks off on route to hive instead of sugary or carb loaded stuff or slicing of into hot food to add fat and protein and of course flavour.

I've been looking for them in the local super markets ( Asda, Tescos and Morrisons) and all they have, at best, is the huge German pepper salamis. I could vacuum pack bits of them my self but if the other sort can be got without bankrupting me i dmuch prefer them.

ATB

Tom

Van-Wild

Feb 17, 2018
UK
Lidl or try polish Market shops for something similar. They can have them. And smoked pork....

I love the French sausisson with garlic. Blooming lovely.

Sent from my SM-G970F using Tapatalk

tombear

On a new journey
Jul 9, 2004
Rossendale, Lancashire
There was a Polish shop in Accrington and I saw one near the Go Outdoors in Blackburn so I can try there. Even if they don't have what i want they do great bread. Cheers!

ATB

Tom

TeeDee

Nov 6, 2008
Exeter
There is a farm shop up the road that makes all sorts of little sausages - ideal for camping , next time I'm in I'll throw some pictures up.

Happy to post onwards for cost.

Nice65

Brilliant!
Apr 16, 2009
W.Sussex
Not vac packed, but in bags, our supermarkets have loads of genuine French saucisson sec, rolled in herbs, or pepper, or chilli flakes. Also a good choice of chorizos and a few Italian salamis. All, like you say, about 1.5” thick.

It‘s odd they’re not up there your way. Quite happy to post some if it’s any help?

tombear

On a new journey
Jul 9, 2004
Rossendale, Lancashire
Cheers TeeDee, I'd appreciate seeing what they are like, we aint well served for Farm shops around here.

Nice65 In the Valley we only have low end super markets, the Tesco doesn't even have a manned deli counter since the first Lock down. The nearest Waitrose is Manchester and the Northern equivalent Booths, the nearest is near Colne. We do have good butchers thankfully although I still can't get mutton suet. If I cant find what im after locally I may very well take you up on your kind offer.

Part of the problem is I dont drive so swanning off to find stuff, herself works 8 to 5 so cantchaufer me about, except at the weekends and the buses around here aint much cop.

AtB

Tom

Reactions: TeeDee

Nice65

Brilliant!
Apr 16, 2009
W.Sussex
Cheers TeeDee, I'd appreciate seeing what they are like, we aint well served for Farm shops around here.

Nice65 In the Valley we only have low end super markets, the Tesco doesn't even have a manned deli counter since the first Lock down. The nearest Waitrose is Manchester and the Northern equivalent Booths, the nearest is near Colne. We do have good butchers thankfully although I still can't get mutton suet. If I cant find what im after locally I may very well take you up on your kind offer.

Part of the problem is I dont drive so swanning off to find stuff, herself works 8 to 5 so cantchaufer me about, except at the weekends and the buses around here aint much cop.

AtB

Tom
There’s some excellent Iberico Chorizo available online. It’s one of the better sausages for munching but comes into its own in a pan of beans or whatever.

I’ll see what I see tomorrow and get you an idea of what’s about.

Chorizo Iberico de Bellota - 225 Grams (Approx) Iberico Chorizo Made from Pata Negra Acorn fed 100% Iberian Pigs https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B08B4R282G/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_glt_fabc_CS45CY24XD2RJAVTGHWN

tombear

On a new journey
Jul 9, 2004
Rossendale, Lancashire
Unfortunately Chorizo is about the only sausage I don't like, which is a bummer because that one is freely available at Asda er al!

I'm a big pepper lover, so much so that one of the reasons I was so fond of the 1.5 inch stuff as opposed to the big fat ones you can get at the deli is the higher pepper to meat ratio.

Just had some rather fine apple and pork sos' for supper, not the same but still very nice, especially as some one else has cooked them for a change.

Cheers!

Tom

tombear

On a new journey
Jul 9, 2004
Rossendale, Lancashire
Sorry for the delay replying but I went for a bible most of yesterday. I hit lidl and various other likely spots but had no joy. Found about 15 types/ brands of black, pudding and finished off building 3 first aid kits for different situations and lengths of trip but no thin airdried pepper coated salamis.

Thanks for doing the recce and the photos but none of them are exactly what i'm after. Its part of a nostalgia thing as we have memories of the lads chomping on lumps of the stuff as we walked along. One of them,now a grown man, has joined the hunt so it obviously means something to him as well.

As a karmic consolation I did find a unworn Tilley hat for 99p in a charity shop which herself is determined will fit her if she stretches it abit. It goes on just is a bit tight and has the old humorous label inside erather than the rather soulless one my new Tilley arrived with. Must have bedn a unwanted present thats Sat in a draw for 10 years or more!

I've a few more leads to follow. If I have any joy I'll let folk know.

Atb and thanks

Tom

Reactions: TeeDee

tombear

On a new journey
Jul 9, 2004
Rossendale, Lancashire
Cheers! I can get to a M&S food hall at the weekend so you can enjoy that one yourself unless you got it special for me. But thats exactly the thing I was after.

I'm drooling as is!

Atb
Tom

Nice65

Brilliant!
Apr 16, 2009
W.Sussex
Cheers! I can get to a M&S food hall at the weekend so you can enjoy that one yourself unless you got it special for me. But thats exactly the thing I was after.

I'm drooling as is!

Atb
Tom
Might get eaten.

Let me know if you can’t get any and I’ll grab another.

tombear

On a new journey
Jul 9, 2004
Rossendale, Lancashire
Herself lost it in M&S, I only wanted a pepper one!

QMjQEyu.jpg

looks like we will be eating a lot of sausage in the near future...

ATB

Tom

Reactions: Nice65

Nice65

Brilliant!
Apr 16, 2009
W.Sussex
Herself lost it in M&S, I only wanted a pepper one!

QMjQEyu.jpg

looks like we will be eating a lot of sausage in the near future...

ATB

Tom
Lol! Easily done. Last time I went into a delicatessen for a chunk of Stinking Bishop I came out £40 lighter.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE