User CP and PM's

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Woodcutter

Feb 6, 2006
Kent
Just wondering why I have to log out and log in again everytime I want to see any personal messages, or to access the User CP. When I log in I tick the Remember me box, if I then later come back to the site it remembers me, but the User CP and PM bits are missing when I click on Forums or anywhere else (which happens to be the only place I can see these items anyway) finding my self coming to the forum less and less as I've had quite a few problems with the new site.

giancarlo

Oct 5, 2003
Jersey, Channel Islands
Hi Woodcutter,

I get the same problem here, it's to do with the message at the top "Please avoid logging directly into the forum."
I use this "method" to get around it.

My bookmark is to the BCUK homepage now, not the forum or "new posts" as it used to be.
When i log in i never tick the "remember me" box ( but my user name and password are already in the box)
Go onto the forums, and do whatever you want.
Then when you're done just close the browser / tab etc.

When you come back you shouldn't be logged in anymore, and just repeat the login.

It seems to sort out all the "PM alerts" / "being logged into the main site, but not the forum" issues... well it does for me .

Hope that helps

Cheers
Carlo

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE