Useful Cookbook download

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

eel28

Settler
Aug 27, 2009
Bedfordshire
Looks a useful 'book' - love the health and safety form at the end!! does that mean all us hobo stove owners/makers have to fill out a similar form??? :)

myotis

Apr 28, 2008
Somerset, UK.
Looks a useful 'book' - love the health and safety form at the end!! does that mean all us hobo stove owners/makers have to fill out a similar form??? :)

Isn't it more a marketing questionnaire?

If you go to the main web site you can see that they run courses and sell books/kit.

Graham

locum76

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Oct 9, 2005
Kirkliston
the pot roast recipe sounds good. I love the idea of using Lapsang Souchong in the cooking liquor to make it smokey.

rik_uk3

Banned
Jun 10, 2006
south wales
Small portions though, 12 eggs for 10 people? Not in my house I'd need 30 eggs, 1Kg meat for 10? need 2 or 3 Kg really.

myotis

Apr 28, 2008
Somerset, UK.
Small portions though, 12 eggs for 10 people? Not in my house I'd need 30 eggs, 1Kg meat for 10? need 2 or 3 Kg really.

I hadn't looked at it that closely, but that is bad news because one of the things I thought might be useful is that people used to cooking for two to four often have problems scaling up.

I agree those portions seem way out, I wonder why. If you look at the website it comes from, they appear to have lots of experience at cooking for groups.

Graham

tytek

Forager
Dec 25, 2009
Leeds
Kangaroo tail soup - Sounds good!!!

I know where there are some wallabies not too far away - I don't think they'd miss one...
What do you do with the rest of the beast??? It would be a shame to waste it...

myotis

Apr 28, 2008
Somerset, UK.
Kangaroo tail soup - Sounds good!!!

I know where there are some wallabies not too far away - I don't think they'd miss one...
What do you do with the rest of the beast??? It would be a shame to waste it...

Don't Kangaroo tails break off when you grab them and then grow back - a fully sustainable food resource.:)

Or am I getting mixed up again :(

Graham

tytek

Forager
Dec 25, 2009
Leeds
Don't Kangaroo tails break off when you grab them and then grow back - a fully sustainable food resource.:)

Or am I getting mixed up again :(

Graham

I think that's crabs mate - I'll try with a wallaby and let you know...:)

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE