Us modular sleep system

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Widgy grub

Tenderfoot
Jun 28, 2012
Lincolnshire
Hi all,
Just took delivery of the current issue us modular system..
Gortex bivvy bag
Patrol sleeping bag
Intermediate sleeping bag
Two compression bags
Bought on eBay for £80 new....

After having a play .... I think the bivvy and sleeping bag combo will do nicely,, as others have mentioned it is a bit heavy when all together but the variation of use means you don't need to take it all out with you every trip.
The compression sack squeezes it down a fair bit, but still bigger than my "normal" sleeping bag . Still fits in my snugpak stamina rucksack with room for food clothes etc.

Looking forward to getting boots on the ground and having a kip !!!

oldsoldier

Forager
Jan 29, 2007
MA
I have spent many, many nights in those!!! they are too heavy for civvie use, in my opinion, but they are fantastic bags. I slept soundly through a sleet storm in one, woke up to a glaze of ice over the goretex sack. Enjoy the bag!!! It will serve you well, I am sure.

Barn Owl

Old Age Punk
Apr 10, 2007
Ayrshire
Great system but i just have the bivi bag and use either a down bag or 3 season synthetic after selling the full combo a while ago.

markmullen

Oct 4, 2012
North Yorkshire
I hear a lot that they're too short but TBH I'm 6 foot 3 and find them plenty long enough. I've slept in quite low temperatures in just the black bag and have still been toasty.

barking badger

Forager
Aug 2, 2011
derbyshire
When i first got mine i tried it out on the garden it was -9 outside and it was 24 degrees inside the sleeping bag i love mine but its a little on the large side

Sent from my GT-I9100

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE