urban home steading - really inspirational

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Macaroon

A bemused & bewildered
Jan 5, 2013
SE Wales
Really nice bunch of people doing really good things - but more than that, being able to speak about it without preaching in good honest language........clearly the way forward!

British Red

M.A.B (Mad About Bushcraft)
Dec 30, 2005
Mercia
I liked the phrase "growing food is one of the most dangerous occupations on the face of this Earth...because you are in danger of becoming free"

Here here...

kiltedpict

Native
Feb 25, 2007
Banchory
I enjoyed that a lot, cheers. Puts my small boxes growing broad beans and tatties to shame.... Lots of ideas for next year including that outdoor oven!!!

Nov 29, 2004
Scotland
Really nice bunch of people doing really good things - but more than that, being able to speak about it without preaching in good honest language........clearly the way forward!

It is an inspiring video, however 'nice bunch of people' possibly, but not necessarily, there have been a few incidents where that family have aggressively tried to prevent others from using the term 'urban homestead' and have also nicked other folks ideas (or ideas that have been common knowledge for decades or more) and then claimed ownership of those ideas.

I'm not knocking the video, anything that inspires folks to try their hand at growing something is worth encouraging.

Trademarks, Copyrights & Thieves, OH MY!

Pasadena family enforces its trademark of the term "Urban Homestead"

Urban farming family who trademarked "Urban Homesteading" accused of plagiarism

Last edited:

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE