Upgrading to Windows 10

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

smojo

Forager
Jan 19, 2014
West Yorkshire
Personally I just can't be arsed. I hate getting a new PC because it takes days to transfer everything and getting it running as I want it, then you have to relearn how to use the new version of Windows. But they have us by the short and curlies don't they, eventually you have to succumb to it when you old one gives up the ghost. Still running Win7 by the way, I side stepped 8 as I didn't like the look of the app style format

rik_uk3

Banned
Jun 10, 2006
south wales
10 is nice, took my seven year old grandson about half an hour to work it out. All the scheisse about being spied on is out of all proportion and any issues that exist can be quickly resolved.

'Man up' folks and stop moaning for crying out loud

Swallow

Native
May 27, 2011
London
Interesting, what anti virus software are the XP user's using ?

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

I rebuilt a laptop that had a XP license (i.e. not eligible for win 10 upgrade) as it was all on the cheap and I had a disc I just used Win XP.

After perusing a previous version of this article

http://www.techradar.com/news/software/applications/best-free-antivirus-9-reviewed-and-rated-1057786

I went with 360 total security. But the person who it was built for has not used it so I can't comment on how effective it is.

No odd problems so far.

Last edited:

I've been using avast (paid version) for 3-4 years. No problems. As a matter of fact it has been completely glitch free since MS stopped "supporting" it and pushing out windows updates every time you turn your back. I would keep using XP, but you can't do so above board when you replace the motherboard because it is then considered a different computer. I'm sure there is a workaround, but I've been saying for years that if I was starting over I would use linux and that time has come.

Last edited:
Nov 29, 2004
Scotland

I don't use any.

But it is a virtual machine, I run it whenever I need to use certain bits of software and then destroy it and boot up another copy when the need arises. I almost bought a Windows 7 machine but as XP virtual machines seemed to do all I needed I stuck with those.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE