Upcoming new BBC series

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

moduser

Life Member
May 9, 2005
Farnborough, Hampshire
Whilst looking at various hammock manafacturers sites (I'm in the market for a new one) I came across the following on the Clark Jungle Hammock site, apologies if this has been posted before:

"The Clark Jungle Hammock has been in almost every conceivable environment on earth, but none more demanding than the Nicaraguan rainforest.

In 2005, the BBC's new adventure survival series Beyond Boundaries will document the travels of eight adventurers who are equipped with our Tropical model. The premise of the series is simple: to get from the Atlantic Ocean to the Pacific Ocean. The starting point will be the rainforests of the Mosquito Coast. The finish line is 200 miles away at the surf of the Pacific. The team must complete this task in four weeks by fording swollen rivers, cutting through dense undergrowth, rappeling across waterfalls, climbing active volcanoes and crossing the second largest lake in Latin America. As if this is not enough, Nicaragua is also home to crocodiles, anacondas, and the world’s only species of freshwater shark.

This task alone would be a challenge for anyone, but what if the eight team members were all disabled in some way? The team will be made up of individuals who are challenged by various disabilities including blindness. But rather than portraying these individuals as victims or holier than thou martyrs, the series promises to be a prejudice-busting event. In the end it will be clear that with deep desire and teamwork, and the right equipment, anything can by accomplished.

"We are proud that our equipment was chosen by this series," says Clark Public Relations Director Richard Glen. "We were told that Clark hammocks were selected first because of their superior protection from the elements. And second, the no-tip design was crucial, permitting those with blindness or mobility issues to use the hammock with ease."

The series has already been filmed and should hit television this fall. Watch this site for more news and photos about this series, plus comments from those who depended on the Clark Jungle Hammock. "

Could be facinating.

Ed

Admin
Admin
Aug 27, 2003
South Wales Valleys
Well spotted :D I'll have to keep my eye out for that one. I've heard alot of good things about those hammocks by the way, and they seem very well made.

Ed

morch

Native
May 19, 2005
Darlington
Well spotted moduser, looks like it could be an interesting series. The hammocks look very interesting too, any one ever used one?

Toddy

Mod
Mod
Jan 21, 2005
S. Lanarkshire
Au Naturel are selling a hammock for £10 just now. Lightweight nylon taffeta stuff with polypropylene ropes, weighs virtually nothing.....looks roomy.
Cheers,
Toddy

moduser

Life Member
May 9, 2005
Farnborough, Hampshire
Cheers Toddy for the suggestion.

What I'm after is a full on 4 season expedition type hammock with built in mozzie nets etc.

At present it seems that only Clark's and Hennessy do what I'm looking for and Clark's (as far as I know) only sell direct, so getting a look at one is impossible.

I'd welcome any other suggestions.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE