Up the Wye Valley

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Al Fresco

May 8, 2012
Bristol
Now, I've not actually done much proper 'wild' camping as yet....Should be able to sometime this summer...Dartmoor probably...

But I was getting itchy feet & I had a couple of days free, before a hectic extended weekend of work... So I thought I'd pop over the bridge for some 'Mild' camping! ....hang out with trees, put my feet in the earth, stare into a fire, eat out of mess tins etc...

So a couple of days of walking in the Wye valley... & a short stay at Beeches Farm... where you can have real fires, albeit in the designated (old car wheel!) fire pits ... dotted around the site....
Only 3 others there as it was pre-Jubilee weekend, so I found a secluded spot by an old oak... & if I looked in one direction, I was at one with nature!

Some lovely woods out the back of the site, 'Caswell Woods' I believe they are called.... Great for a stroll to find kindling etc... & a chance to try out my new bits of kit... bahco saw etc... Had a great time!

Wye1.jpg

Wye2.jpg

Wye2a.jpg

I encountered a 'mild' boar on the site!
Wye3.jpg

Wye4.jpg

Wye5.jpg

Wye6.jpg

Wye7.jpg

Wye9.jpg

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE