Up for a trade, Homemade Snow Smock

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Erro Telcontar

Forager
Mar 23, 2012
Sheffield
Hey fellow bushcrafters,

NOW TRADED, THANKS FOR LOOKING

I made a Snow smock from scratch this winter from cotton canvas, it's got a double layer on the shoulders for extra protection and the sleeve cuffs turn down to cover your hands should the wind really be howling. I gave it a generous hood so you can wear a hat under it.

image-1.jpgimage-2.jpgimage-3.jpgimage-4.jpgimage.jpgphoto-1.jpgphoto-2.jpgphoto.jpg

The cut is based on a Swandri Bushshirt, and a added a drop V front for a wee bit of style.

Its a little rough round the edges, but it's basically ready to wear once it's waxed. I don't have any wax at the mo or i'd have done that too. I'd intended on using greenland wax heavily on the shoulders and lightly over the rest of the smock to provide water resistance where its needed most and breathability everywhere else.

It measures 22 inches armpit to armpit, the sleeves when the cuffs are turn up (like in the photo) are 22 inches and its 36 inches from shoulder top to the apex on the V on the front.

Sorry for the quality of some of the pics, my phone isn't the best. It's light grey/ green with green leather detailing and have some cotton trimming also for style ;)

Like i said i made it and its solid but its the first thing i've ever made so it's a little clumsy here and there (mostly on the inside where is doesn't show though). it'd be a great base if you wanted to continue building on it, i see it with a fur lined hood :)

As such, i'd be happier trading than selling so if you fancy it just PM me with an offer of trade and i'll get back to you. don't be shy either, if there's a bit of kit or anything you'd feel was a fair trade PM me and i'll take a look :) i'm into pretty much everything bushcrafty. But if you do wanna just buy the smock, send me an offer too. anything goes.

Last edited:

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE