Unique Mors Kochanski knife!!!

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Mesquite

It is what it is.
Mar 5, 2008
~Hemel Hempstead~
I have in my possession a unique piece of kit given to me by Mors Kochanski at the last BcUK course he did at Pangbourne.

MorsKnife.jpg

As you can see it's a hand carved knife which he carved as a demo for a little piece he was talking about. It was fascinating watching him carve it as it only took him a about 2 or 3 minutes and boy did the wood shavings fly :D To give you an idea of size it's approximately 31cms long.

I made sure he signed it as well which adds to it's uniqueness as I doubt very much that there's another one in the whole of the UK :)

Mors signing the knife

dscf3399pz2.jpg

Mors_course_064s.jpg

I'm going to auction it here on the forum to the highest bidder to raise funds for Tony and the forum.

The auction will run until 8:00pm on Sunday 21st September. All the winner will have to do is donate the amount they bidded to BcUK by using the Donate button. I'll pay all the P&P costs including overseas should the winning bidder come lands afar.

So come on folks, dig deep and bid for it, because it's for a good cause that we all appreciate and use. After all there won't be another chance to obtain something like this unless you go to Canada to see Mors personally or wait until he comes back over here, which, if I remember rightly, he said won't be for at least another 5 years.

Just a note to folks I have obtained the full approval from Tony to do this auction

spamel

Banned
Feb 15, 2005
Silkstone, Blighty!
A great idea. What a nice guy Mors is too, a shame it may be another five years until we see him again. Saying that, If I cane as many workshops at the interluding Moots, then I can sit in on Mors for the duration and listen to him spin his yarns. He is the Canadian Robin Williams! :D

Scrumpy

Forager
Mar 18, 2008
Silverstone
www.predatorsport.co.uk
Yup, it's a mora. As Mesquite said the chips were flying off, he had sharpened recently though, it was great to see some seriously good knives on the course but it was also great to see the master was happy with a 10 quid one!

Mesquite

It is what it is.
Mar 5, 2008
~Hemel Hempstead~
£15. and can i say what a thoughtful and generous gesture you are making.

I've got to admit it's very hard to let it go, especially since I managed to forget my copy of Bushcraft for Mors to sign :( but I did say to folks as I was getting it autographed by Mors I intended to sell it by auction to raise money for the forum so here it is :)

What wood is it made of?
:nana:

It's carved from a piece of pine wood that Mors had scavenged from a re-cycling site for materials for the course.

Is that a 511 mora hanging round his neck?

My cool cred is restored!!

except mine got a red handle pah

I think actually it's a Mora 740 with an SS blade. The red handle denotes carbon steel blade IIRC

British Red

M.A.B (Mad About Bushcraft)
Dec 30, 2005
Mercia
No-ones avin it but me my friend :D

I may not be the best man but I as vewwy deep pockets ;)

However I may randomly drop out of course for those who wish to test me :)

Red

Mesquite

It is what it is.
Mar 5, 2008
~Hemel Hempstead~
Oh, I need the rights to the photos too - deal?

You'll have to negotiate that seperately with the people who took them Red. Unfortunately my camera was set to video when I took my photos :eek: but you're welcome to the clip if you want it

I'll PM the winner with the names of the people who took the pics unless those said people want to declare themselves and their position re rights on here.

g4ghb

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Sep 21, 2005
Wiltshire
The 'Signing' pic was mine mate - i'm sure we can come to a suitable agreement :lmao:

something like I send it to you and you say thanks seems to be a fair point to start the bartering at! ;)

Red Kite

Nomad
Oct 2, 2006
London UK
After a good rummage through all my pockets I've sold off the fluff to my local spinning group and raised £35 (Theres a shortage of the blue stuff found in jeans apparantly)

So Red how much fluff is there at the bottom of those deep pockets?

ATB

Stewart

:lmao: :lmao: :lmao:

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE