Ultralight Alcohol

John Fenna

Lifetime Member & Maker
Oct 7, 2006
Pembrokeshire
Ah - but this time Red IS right!
JD is only drinkable when all other alkyhol has vanished ... or if it is free!
If you are going to the effort of carrying booze in then make it something worth the effort ... sure you can get slaughtered on cheap booze - but are we in the woods to get pished or to enjoy the finer moments of life? (rhetorical I hope :) )
Islay Malt, hedgerow gin/vodka hedgerow wine (or a decent vintage red) real ale or organic cider are my prefered refreshments and worth the effort of carrying in in a glass bottle or S/S (or silver) hip flask - special brew, white lightning, JD (or other whisky substitues) only as a last resort :D
Everybody, Red has spoken! If he doesn't like it then no one can, I thought we were all familiar with this policy?
I haven't actually got a clue about whisky, only that Jack Daniels is poop and only tastes decent in coke although I do appreciate a Black Bush on ice, very tasty.
Cheers

paddy

Graveworm

Life Member
Sep 2, 2011
London UK
It's not ever so cut and dried. I am a pretty confirmed Malt drinker but a good Bourbon can get the job done. You can't compare apples to oranges saying Bourbon is awful because of JD is like comparing Bells to Ardbeg Corr. But the likes of George T Stagg is another matter .. http://www.prnewswire.com/news-rele...world-for-second-year-in-a-row-155340915.html

Incidentally am I the only one sitting with a glass of something in my hand thanks to this thread?

Last edited:

John Fenna

Lifetime Member & Maker
Oct 7, 2006
Pembrokeshire
It's not ever so cut and dried. I am a pretty confirmed Malt drinker but a good Bourbon can get the job done. You can't compare apples to oranges saying Bourbon is awful because of JD is like comparing Bells to Ardbeg Corr. But the likes of George T Stagg is another matter .. http://www.prnewswire.com/news-rele...world-for-second-year-in-a-row-155340915.html

Incidentally am I the only one sitting with a glass of something in my hand thanks to this thread?
I just got outside a nice Ale :)
The malt was earlier....

British Red

M.A.B (Mad About Bushcraft)
Dec 30, 2005
Mercia
I just had a nice spirit made of real ale......Adnams Broadside distilled to 43% spirit...thanks to a "heads up" from EdS. Sat in the cab of a pink Unimog listening to the Grateful Dead.

Gotta love those fly boys :)

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE