Ultra compact sleeping bag wanted

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.
Can someone please help, i recently came across a sleeping bag on ebay that cost around £70 that would pack to a size so it could fit on the palm of your hand but i lost the link, any ideas what it could of been?
If not, i'm after a decent sleeping bag (2-3 season for British climates) that compacts extremely small (the smaller the better) any sugestions? thanks

litefoot

Forager
Jan 8, 2007
northamptonshire
Check out the snugpack range of sleeping bags,they pack up quite small.You can find them on most army surplus and general outdoor retailer sites .
Happy camping!Andy. :)

capacious

Need to contact Admin...
Nov 7, 2005
Swansea
The old rab quantum 200 is miniscule when packed down, but the new 250 is slightly larger (but still pretty small). The golite feather packs down even smaller (i have the 200 and the feather) but dosn't have a hood - but i still use it even in winter!

swyn

Life Member
Nov 24, 2004
Eastwards!
Try; www.alpkit.com and look at their range of 'Pipedream' bags. They are quite small and quality is not an issue, ie YKK zips and down filled. Plus a range of stuff sacks as standard. As you can tell I'm a fan!
Swyn.

oldsoldier

Forager
Jan 29, 2007
MA
I use a golite feather (I think its called) thats good to 20F. Packs down to the size of a nalgene bottle. And, its comfy. Downside is their expensive

capacious

Need to contact Admin...
Nov 7, 2005
Swansea
If you order direct from them it will be a LOT cheaper - thats what I did and saved myself about £90. It took 2 days to get here, there was no charge to pay once it got here and the service I received was flawless.

Jake.

gregorach

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Sep 15, 2005
Edinburgh
Rab Quantum 200 here - great bag. I believe they also do a version where only the top half is filled, and the bottom has a slot for your mat. Not cheap though, and like all down bags, you must keep it dry!

Wink

Need to contact Admin...
Nov 4, 2004
Norfolk
There were some Highlander Down-Tec down bags on ebay a bit back. They pack small and were about the price you were looking at. They did one in OG, try googling it! Or howabout the Snugpak Softie Elite, for a synthetic that packs small?

I went for a Mountain Equipment Ultra 450 down bag, which packs fairly small (fits in the bottom of my Sabre 45), but has a rating if about -9. Much more money though!

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE