Ultimate survival tool

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

nige7whit

Forager
Feb 10, 2009
Brize Norton / Midlands (rest)
Somewhere in Switzerland, in the offices of a famous pocket knife manufacturer, (possibly) at a hastily convened meeting, an executive is addressing the board....

"Guys, we might have to raise our game... I saw this on the internet last night....."

lostplanet

Aug 18, 2005
Kent
Somewhere in The USA, in the offices of a famous knife manufacturer, (possibly) at a hastily convened meeting, an executive is addressing the board....

"Guys, we might have to raise our game... I saw this on the internet last night..... Heres what we came up with..."

http://www.coldsteel.com/spshovel.html :lmao:

(Hope you don't mind me editing your quote)

Next thing they'll be turning hairbrushes into lethal daggers....:eek:

:yikes: http://www.coldsteel.com/honeycomb.html

Last edited:

Minotaur

Native
Apr 27, 2005
Birmingham

The thing that strikes me as strange is never seen a real one for sale. So either they are the dogs .... or we not missing anything.

Next thing they'll be turning hairbrushes into lethal daggers....:eek:

:yikes: http://www.coldsteel.com/honeycomb.html

Damn was going to say they already do.

I have been tempted by the Spetnaz one for a while, but still not sure. Keep seeing really nice stainless steel shovels, and tempted to convert one.

Bootstrap Bob

Jun 21, 2006
Oxfordshire
Don't see the point personally.

The first time you use it as a shovel you will probably destroy the saw and blunt the blade.

You could take it bushcrafting but then you would probably carry a fixed blade and pruning saw anyway which would be more suited to the job so why bother?

Don't even think about carrying one in your car - it looks to me like that blade is longer than 3 inches and it's locking so illegal to carry in a public place (including your car).:rolleyes:

Sorry to be so dismissive of it but I've fallen for things like this before (usually kitchen utensils), it just takes someone who can demonstrate it well and people get drawn in and buy one before they know what's happened.

Peter_t

Native
Oct 13, 2007
East Sussex
i like it, superb tool for a soldier but thats it. the blade and saw would be usefull for chopping roots but not metal pipes or your dinner:D

in trench warfair i can see its use as a weapon as a last resort to stab, axe or just give someone a good clout. (was common practice in ww1 to sharpen them)

usefull in bushcraft? naa

pete

Thijzzz

Nomad
Jan 8, 2007
The Netherlands
If someone starts a group buy....please order me a CD with the background music!
Makes me want to get up and march around the globe! ^_^ (that's a chinese smiley)

helixpteron

Native
Mar 16, 2008
UK
How 'bout this 100% titanium model, a copy of the Gerber Nato, which (surprisingly) weighs more and is larger than the original. It also has a ridged handle which would dig into the palm and the tool is not warranted by the seller!

DSC_0075_003.jpg
DSC_0073_002.jpg
DSC_0076_002.jpg
DSC_0079_002.jpg
DSC_0081_002.jpg
DSC_0080_002.jpg
DSC_0080_002.jpg

Matt.S

Native
Mar 26, 2008
Exeter, Devon
How 'bout this 100% titanium model, a copy of the Gerber Nato, which (surprisingly) weighs more and is larger than the original. It also has a ridged handle which would dig into the palm and the tool is not warranted by the seller!

I would like to buy one but it must be in olve/bushcraft green and have a Ray Mears stamp. You can't do bushcraft (whatever that is) with subtandard equipment! Also it must have a Ventile case to stop my other equipment gretting muddy.

rickyamos

Settler
Feb 6, 2010
Peterborough
i like it, superb tool for a soldier but thats it. the blade and saw would be usefull for chopping roots but not metal pipes or your dinner:D

in trench warfair i can see its use as a weapon as a last resort to stab, axe or just give someone a good clout. (was common practice in ww1 to sharpen them)

usefull in bushcraft? naa

pete

To be fair the US army etc still use it as a last chance weapon. personally I would not like to get a chop round the head with one. So as has been said before could it be classed as a weapon???

I would not pay £70 for one, as I would just go and get a NATO one for about £15 form the Army & Navy store.

I was thinking of getting one though, as at the last meet I was at we had a bit of trouble getting some staves into the ground for our group tarp.

Don't know why the downer on this as I've seen a lot more bizzar things on this forum.

PS did not watch the vid, but I can see how this may have some application i.e. digging. LOL:confused:

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE