UKHammocks Quilt / Underquilt - Quick Review

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

tobes01

May 4, 2009
Hampshire
I'm off on a canoe trip in a few weeks, and was concerned about the weight and bulk of my Snugpak quilt and underquilt. After all the recommendations here, I decided to splurge out on a set from Mat at UKHammocks.

Mat was great to deal with, and was very accommodating for some changes I wanted to a summer-weight 3/4 quilt and a summer-weight underquilt:
- the top quilt has been extended by six inches or so, so that I can pull it up round my shoulders if I get cold
- the underquilt has some extra tabs on the sides for attaching to an a-sym hammock.

He delivered within a week of my order, and the quilts are beautifully assembled, absolutely no criticisms at all. I also ordered a couple of tri-plates to mount the underquilt.

I've not yet had a chance to sleep out with the new setup in a side-entry Hennessy Explorer Deluxe, but I nipped out this morning to have a play with the setup. The tri-plates are worth every penny of the £9.50 price tag, making it a doddle to hook the underquilt on with mini-carabiners (I've ordered some plastic snap-hooks from eBay to replace these).

IMG_0174.jpgIMG_0175.jpgIMG_0177.jpg

That light green sil-nylon is a tri-bag fitted to the footwell for extra storage, also bought from Mat.

From a quick 10 minutes in the hammock, I've every confidence that the quilts will be very warm indeed, which is fantastic since they weight almost nothing and will pack down very small indeed.

More info when I've had a proper chance to use them!

Tobes

Last edited:

Seoras

Mod
Mod
Oct 7, 2004
Bramley, Hampshire
Cheers for the review Tobes.

I use Mats triplates for my underblanket and have added plastic clips for ease. Very easy to set up so one less faff.

Cheers

George

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE