UK style Drawknife for trade

Biker

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Hi Folks,
As the subject line says I have a UK style drawknife for trade. It's pretty big and chunky and works well, but having a preference now for using the French style drawknives I find this sort of surplus to requirements. I bought it off an old workmate of mine who auctioned off his tools before retiring about 8 years ago. It's been well looked after, it's good and solid too.

If you're interested in a trade for it PM me.

MyDrawknife.jpg

As for what I'd like for it, well my first choice would be This

Pretty please!: :D

But I realise the chances of getting my hands on it would be pretty slim. Not to mention arrested and locked in jail with a cellmate named Bubba.

So my second choice would be a camouflaged poncho army issue, rather like this one on Ebay:

Camouflage Poncho

Interested? PM Me.

Ta.

Aaron

PS The drawknives I'm finding for various people in the edged tool thread have nothing to do with this trade. However, if this is what you'd like and want to "jump the queue" then feel free to let me know. Thanks.

Biker

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
As you can see in the pic above a UK drawknife is flat with the handles on the same level as the blade. On all the French drawknifes I've bought and seen the blade is curved downwards allowing a smaller surface to be in touch with the wood and the handles are a lot lower than the blade level.

Like this pic. To me the drawknife is shown upside down.

709995_01_P_WE_4.jpg

Your thumbs sorta loop over the metal. I find them a joy to use and the technique is a lot lighter and finer, less brutal shall we say.

Hope that explains it.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE