UK resource for places to practise Bush Craft

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.
X

xpers

Hi I am a newbie to this list.

I am just wondering if there are any resources i.e. websites, books, threads etc that list areas in the UK that are suitable/available for practising Bush Craft.

I live just outside Southampton but I’m interested in all areas of the UK, particularly larger areas where you can get away from it all for a few days and get back in touch with nature.

I’d be also interested in any individual personal experiences of suitable areas.

All suggestions are greatly received!

Cheers in advanced

Rich

Mutley

Forager
May 6, 2005
It is rather unlikely to find areas which are open for all public to camp in and have fires/bushcraft etc'.

The best thing you can do, is locate forests/woods near you and try to get in touch with the landlord by sending a letter to the council who can normally sort you out with who owns it. Best way to find a good spot for yourself and if you make good friends with the landlord, their woods could be your 2nd home. ;)

Dunelm

Forager
May 24, 2005
County Durham
Depending on wear you live there should be some unused land, wooded or otherwise around. I'm lucky enough to have quite a big wood at the end of the street. Don't know who "owns" it but its very well used by local people to walk dogs, jog, mountain-bike, shoot air-guns at tin cans etc.

Unless you live in the inner-city your not far away from places like this.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE