UK legal multitool

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

adestu

Native
Jan 19, 2010
swindon
I agree with a previous post.I was just walking out out of head office one day and noticed a policeman had a leatherman on his belt,obviously it had locking blades so as I was carrying mine I put the question to Jim and his reply stated as long as I had a genuine reason to carry it,as being an engineer he deemed that a genuine enough reason.

Sent from my HTC Sensation Z710e using Tapatalk

Itzal

Nomad
Mar 3, 2010
N Yorks
I agree with a previous post.I was just walking out out of head office one day and noticed a policeman had a leatherman on his belt,obviously it had locking blades so as I was carrying mine I put the question to Jim and his reply stated as long as I had a genuine reason to carry it,as being an engineer he deemed that a genuine enough reason.

Sent from my HTC Sensation Z710e using Tapatalk

The trouble is its down to the view of a particular Policeman, which leaves the Law a little more flexibility but open to misinterpretation. Some Police Forces bad their PC's from carrying knives of any sort, others don't seem too bothered. As an engineer I would say you have reason, as a Policeman I would say he has good reason.

Nov 29, 2004
Scotland
"... it would be the work of mere moments to prevent the blade locking on a semi permanent basis. Is this now a legal tool to carry? Or are police going to frown upon me now carrying a "modified" blade?

To avoid the issue entirely, I'd like to get a non locking blade tool and therefore seek your recomendations.

I'd like a pair of pliers (preferably sprung)
Sub 3 inch blade
screw drivers

and perhaps most importantly sub £40

I modified my Leatherman Crunch so that the small blade wouldn't lock and I am unaware of any legislation that would penalise me for carrying a 'modified' tool in the UK. The pliers are not sprung, but you can get a very strong grip on something with them. Screwdrivers, several, sub £40, no it is about twice that new, however I bought mine of the eBay for £35 several years ago, if this model appeals you might do the same. :)

crunch.jpg

zed4130

Forager
Aug 4, 2011
poole
Since i posted the sog paratool i was told tha most multitools once you close the handles up actually act as a lock, i also had ussues with my paratool as was using at work and the pliers fold a few too many times so ive changed to a sog PPP and swapped the blade for my wood saw making it a very uk legal MT as i carry between a opinel #6 or a vic tinker so legal blade is covered ,
P1010181-2.jpg

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE