uk hammocks hammock chair?

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

uncleboob

Dec 28, 2012
Coventry and Warwickshire
Uk hammocks are well respected. I almost bought one myself before Christmas but held off in case Santa brought one...he didn't so as soon as pay day arrives I'll be ordering one. There's a couple of good reviews on YouTube

Cheers, joab

Sent from my KFTT using Tapatalk 2

tom.moran

Settler
Nov 16, 2013
Swindon, Wiltshire
not a bad idea, just another thing to carry though also it means you need to have trees in the right place near your sitting area. however, once you guys buy one and try it ill happy to be wrong and order one of my own :)

steve a

Settler
Oct 2, 2003
south bedfordshire
I used the edc hammock chair whilst on a canoe trip in Sweden in June last year, weighs hardly anything and packs up to the size of a tennis ball, works great, so much so that every time I got out of it one of my mates jumped into it and all bought one when they got back to the uk. Can also be used as a gear loft.

steve a

Settler
Oct 2, 2003
south bedfordshire
The edc version from uk hammocks zips closed when used as a gear loft, it's also larger than the net option and more comfortable to sit in if that's the primary reason for buying. The build quality of uk hammocks gear is very high.

Midnitehound

Silver Trader
Jun 8, 2011
AREA 51
Tenth Wonder Hammocks are also excellent and they do a light weight hammock that will work as a chair/gear-store but it is also a bigger size to sleep in than even the EDC. Nothing like a lightweight hammock for a crafty snooze. No zip but then that adds weight and cost. I must say I much prefer material to net, a lot nicer.

http://www.twhammocks.co.uk/index.php?main_page=index&cPath=1_5 £12.99 delivered!

Last edited:

chas brookes

Life Member
Jun 20, 2006
west sussex
Hi
picture below of hammock chairs in operation courtesy of Seoras, click on picture for larger image
Matt at UK hammocks is a great guy to deal with ;)

406197_10151343332704385_1684438946_n.jpg

Chiseller

Bushcrafter through and through
Oct 5, 2011
West Riding
The edc version from uk hammocks zips closed when used as a gear loft, it's also larger than the net option and more comfortable to sit in if that's the primary reason for buying. The build quality of uk hammocks gear is very high.

I have the edc and it's great for sitting, liggin an storin .......Best mini purchase I made :thumbup:

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

Seoras

Mod
Mod
Oct 7, 2004
Bramley, Hampshire
I must admit to being totally sold on the EDC as a hammock to have stashed away to pull out while on a break.

Normally I use it in the woods when working with the cadets. I did have it on Dartmoor a couple of weeks ago. Found a couple of trees beside a stream to hang it. Stopped on top of Yes Tor and got a couple of my mates who had climbing gear to set it up using some of their placement gear and finally had it strung under a viaduct we were abseiling from.

Photo06-02-2014195300_zps931e5058.jpg

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE