Uhtred is coming!

Dreadhead

Bushcrafter through and through
The books are indeed great reads. Why couldn't they rope in Vladimir Kulich? At least to play Uhtred in his later years, Kulich is getting on a bit. He would have had a suitable ascent too. I'll watch the show, but I'm expecting another Vikings, as some have already said.

Sent from my D5803 using Tapatalk

haha good old Vladimir Kulich! Exactly what I thought. Since 13th warrior he's rarely had a decent role sadly

Dreadhead

Hamish you should look up Lindybeige on YouTube sometime. :D He's an archaeologist who's also had some experience in re-enactment and movie making.
He does some funny and scathing videos of moves, props and costumes. Entertaining chap, reminds me of the late Graham Chapman of Monty Python fame. I know you hate the Vikings series but like me I try not to to get too upset watching stuff. SWMBO used to get annoyed with me watching stuff and starting sentences with "But they didn't have those in..." :rolleyes: I try to just enjoy the ride a bit more these days.

Sent via smoke-signal from a woodland in Scotland.

Been sitting watching Lindybeige for a good while now, quality stuff!

Goatboy

Jan 31, 2005
Scotland
Glad you're enjoying Lindybeige. :D
Uhtred has to be better than the 'orrible mess of a program I was watching set in 14th century Wales. The B(bad word questioning parentage) Executioner. I'm 5 episodes in and don't think I can take much more.

Dreadhead

Glad you're enjoying Lindybeige. :D
Uhtred has to be better than the 'orrible mess of a program I was watching set in 14th century Wales. The B(bad word questioning parentage) Executioner. I'm 5 episodes in and don't think I can take much more.

5 episodes! blimey, i couldn't make it past episode one. It's astounding really, as it's made by Kurt Sutter, the guy behind Sons of Anarchy. Typical americanisation of british history.

On the other note, I just finished watching 'Outlander' about a 1940s combat nurse who wakes up in 1740s scotland amongst the jacobite rebellion. For the first time watching a historical drama, I have had little to complain about (apart from the laughable fake scottish accents of course). Some great well known actors in there, and a quality reference to the HBO series ROME.

Goatboy

Jan 31, 2005
Scotland
I enjoyed Outlander too. Thought the acting & production values very high. Season two starts soon I think.
I try and give a series a few episodes in case they're a slow burner taking off. But the Welsh one just gets worse, trying to be a bit GOT one min & 80's Robin Hood TV series the next. And when it comes to the acting I just hope they don't get woodworm.

Dave

Hill Dweller
Sep 17, 2003
Brigantia
80's Robin Hood TV series

That was a great show when you were a kid.

[video=youtube;9iJwiGEZZto]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9iJwiGEZZto[/video]

Wheres the chivalry gone today? tsk tsk.

Do you remember Wurzel Gummidge? Thats was quite spooky really, with the crowman etc. I used to have tomato soup on a sunday watching that. :)

Deserves a thread of its own that....80's TV!

:jacked:

Last edited:

Goatboy

Jan 31, 2005
Scotland
That was a great show when you were a kid.

[video=youtube;9iJwiGEZZto]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9iJwiGEZZto[/video]

Wheres the chivalry gone today? tsk tsk.

Do you remember Wurzel Gummidge? Thats was quite spooky really, with the crowman etc. I used to have tomato soup on a sunday watching that. :)

Deserves a thread of its own that....80's TV!

:jacked:
If you're going to start one I'll start you off with Kinvig (which nobody else seems to remember) & the classic low budget weirdness of Sapphire & Steel. :D

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE