Uh Oh !! " Dartmoor 5 1/2 The Can't Wait Weekend "

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Ivan...

Ex member
Jul 28, 2011
Dartmoor
Thanks seekum , oh Jon is so lucky to have a mate like you ! i have heard on the vine that carries grapes , that he and son will be travelling down in the smallest car in the world ! still think of the fuel consumption !

Once again thanks for info .

Ivan...

skate

Nomad
Apr 13, 2010
East Devon
Great weekend with plenty of merryment. Some good air rifle practice. New friends met. A nice walk over the moors and some educating about prehistoric remains from a very learned gentleman.
Saturday night got to about minus 3 with ice inside and outside of my basha but toasty warm with the extra wrapping of a Dutch wool blanket.
Thanks Ivan (or as we now call him "Superfly") for another beauty.

kard133

Mar 20, 2010
Bath
Thanks to all still there over the weekend, had a great time, Ivan, don't let Katie steal your new bag when she's feeling better. :)

LRforestschool

Forager
Jun 27, 2011
West Devon
Sounds like you had a good time. Sorry to have missed it, but really appreciated the call and the kind thoughts - you lovely bunch of nutters. Will enjoy looking at the phots and videos and will do my very best to be along on the next one.

Lucy

zeBarOOn

Forager
Mar 22, 2010
Southampton
www.shroos.com
Cheers for the great week Ivan, always a good laugh in Dartmoor!

Here's some pics I took over the weekend.

_2180016.jpg

_2180068.jpg

_2180083.jpg

_2180031.jpg

_2180011.jpg
_2180009.jpg

_2180028.jpg
_2180024.jpg

_2180034.jpg
_2180025.jpg

_2180035.jpg
_2180062.jpg

_2180059.jpg
_2190105.jpg

_2180033.jpg
_2180048.jpg

_2180085.jpg

Till next meet then!

Joel

Ivan...

Ex member
Jul 28, 2011
Dartmoor
Mornin ! So much to say so little time ! Yesterday i just walked around in a zombie state , always do after a meet , anyway , great meet as ever , lots of little tales and memories to re live over the coming posts .

Firstly a big thankyou to all who attended , your support and friendship is something special (wipes away tear ! )

Magic photos Joel , you have an eye for that sort of thing , just the one mind ! Cheers for the pipe and baccy , now a convert , i think your pals enjoyed the experience , you know hairdo and the Aus ! nice tent by the way , JCB in next week to make them an alternative pitch , perhaps one not straddling a stream bed !

Thanks to Rick for bothering , i'm not sure i could do that , just for the day , cheers and for the hat , oh and the elocution lessons seem to be working , that cockney drawl is waining !

Thankyou to Stuart , for shooting the rabbit and show and tell skinning , cooking and sharing , what a pair of kahunas ! ( the bunny , not Stuart ! ) also letting me see , how eventually i want my minimalist set up .

Cheers to Arry for the fag breaks ! and showing you culinary skills , brilliant fry up , and when i have a spare hour i will also digest your picture gallery ! the newt one was the star of the weekend !

More later ....

Bushwhacker

Banned
Jun 26, 2008
Dorset
Nice, I'm glad to see Adam's sporting a flat cap.
Can't wait for the football season to finish so I get my weekends back.

zeBarOOn

Forager
Mar 22, 2010
Southampton
www.shroos.com
Well now you mention it Ivan, an electric hookup for the TV would be great next time! I still have a giggle about the 8 man super tent that just appeared next to Stuart's minimalist set up!

Ivan...

Ex member
Jul 28, 2011
Dartmoor
Right ! a bit more , nice to see Tommy again seems like ages and good to see a bit of father son bonding and crafting , sucessfully a functioning bow and arrow set ! Foxy as ever for being Foxy , the cuddles the mothering and , always prepared to laugh at my jokes ! Dusty for his backward football skills .

Ickystickywaspyneuman, thanks for the coat , came in very handy for a few hours on the Saturday, and cheers for coming down eary and keeping the old fart company ! oh and what you made from the whole chickens and what ever else you had up your olive sleeve .

Dave53 seems to be the only member who uses the reservation and comprehensive , plain english booking system , and if he ever puts that woodlore down , it goes missing right !

Jon , you showed everybody how to get really cold at night , whilst son was toasty ! moral of story don't let kids borrow your kit , and nice to see we have a crack shot to challenge Adam , well don Cory rootin tootin shootin !

Of course i was exceptionally warm , thanks to doing a sneaky deal with Darren on a new bag ! Dont tell Katie , and if he ever misplaces the little falkniven , same story as Dave , you haven't seen it right !

Alistair , for most unusual set up of tarp and paracord , next time you want to pitch a little closer to the action !Got you on the snore cam you sod !

Me , I have learned a valuable bushcraft lesson this time , when you are all sat in a circle around the fire , and somebody passes you a bottle of something , don't take a swig , just pass it on , because it makes you very sleepy , which leads to bottoms in your face , great photos , and the loss of use of one's legs , coupled with an early night .

Just a mention in dispatches , for those unable to attend , Lucy feel better soon , same comment applies to Trevor , oh and Katie , Bushwhacker we need your tracking skills , if we have any chance of catching enough food to feed all of us !

Thanks Guys

Ivan...

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE