U.K. Survival show

SCOMAN

Life Member
Dec 31, 2005
Perthshire
I've heard that there are plans to film some kind of survival show up on the Scottish north west coast. Has anyone heard anything else?

Dec 27, 2015
Pembroke
Its called year zero, run by keo films for channel 4 . Me and the mrs applied, we got accepted. ( still got the emails from Jayne Ayoade one of the shows producers) had to turn down due to ill health, bloody thyroid dysfunction! If your interested you need to email Eden@keofilms.com basically they want twenty people to go to north of scotland for a year, and start a new community. You go there with nothing and build a life in the wilderness. A dream come true for most of us. Pity i couldnt go. Starts in march so get your skates on

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Bishop

Jan 25, 2014
Pencader
There's a good write up here about the project here .

It's tempting but we know from previous experience these shows thrive on drama and sods law means the group is going to be chosen for maximum friction. As murdering somebody and calling it an accident with a camera crew behind you is a tad difficult it will be fun to watch but hell to take part in.

Keo Films apply here

Stew

Bushcrafter through and through
Nov 29, 2003
Aylesbury
stewartjlight-knives.com
There's a good write up here about the project here .

It's tempting but we know from previous experience these shows thrive on drama and sods law means the group is going to be chosen for maximum friction. As murdering somebody and calling it an accident with a camera crew behind you is a tad difficult it will be fun to watch but hell to take part in.

Keo Films apply here

That's where I think you're wrong - if the casting is done to cause friction (which is likely) then I don't find it fun to watch. Most of these shows I just don't bother watching as I find them irritating and a waste of time just done for drama in a different scenario.

Mar 2, 2016
Dalavich
We saw the add but jobs dont suit the brief. Ill give it a watch but if it is just about characters and not the lifestyle Ill stop quickly.
Might sneak up with contraband if the going gets tough.

boatman

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Feb 20, 2007
Cornwall
Interesting but what is the challenge if all participants are skilled in relevant occupations. fisherman, forager, engineer etc? The question would be as to why wouldn't they succeed? I wonder what the purpose of the community will be as all settlements in the real world have one. Burn kelp, sell fish, work for the Forestry are such that were part of Scotland's economy but if their existence purpose is just existence then there is no point.

Will watch it probably. Some friends of ours are doing this for real in Scotland, carving out a new croft but one based on forest farming and I find their accounts more interesting than the TV programme is likely to be.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE