Typhoon Haiyan Death Toll

santaman2000

M.A.B (Mad About Bushcraft)
Jan 15, 2011
Florida
Yesterday morning as I watched the Weather Channel they estimated that as many as 1200 were dead. I thought that was a horribly high number but it seems it was an underestimate. By the time I went to bed last night, one Philippine official estimated as high as 10,000. And that's before it hits the Asian mainland.

Jul 30, 2012
westmidlands
coming from the states santaman you should know a thing or two. Wasn't it like a massive tornado with winds of 200 mph, thats incredible. That wind had 4 times the force of 100mph winds, I cannot even comprehend it. 10,000 deaths on the first island, more and larger islands yet to be reached including the first hit and the most battered. Fortunatley it will mot even be a hurricane when it hits the mainland.

santaman2000

M.A.B (Mad About Bushcraft)
Jan 15, 2011
Florida
coming from the states santaman you should know a thing or two. Wasn't it like a massive tornado with winds of 200 mph, thats incredible. That wind had 4 times the force of 100mph winds, I cannot even comprehend it......

Yeah it was a horrible storm. Philippine officials have described the damages by comparing them to several different weather phenomenon: Typhoon/hurricane, tornado, tsunami, etc. And all are accurate.

Jul 30, 2012
westmidlands
Actually it hit the Vietnamese coast with sustained winds of 75mph; so it was indeed still a category 1 hurricane.

yup, your right, still a hurricane by vietnam, but not now at china.

What I said earlier about 10,000 deceaced on one island. Just been updated to 10,000 in one city on one island. Unbelievable for a storm.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE