Type I, II and III fun... what's your poison?

Goatboy

Jan 31, 2005
Scotland
relax I whittled a straw from a piece of elder and sipped it off the floor straining it through my moustache....

Ahh, I knew you were a chap of substance and not a callow cad! Good man, good man. (Might I enquire if there were cigars and cheese on offer at that repast also?)

decorum

May 2, 2007
Warwickshire
The problem with sticking labels on levels of fun is that it's subject to the opinion of the person making the list. As an example, I've had great but unplanned fun sliding down a mountain head first ~ it was less fun after the fact when I was dealing with all the lumps and bumps and aches and pains ;)

I'm not a philistine......

Think I went to school with her brother, Frank. N ;)

Stringmaker

Native
Sep 6, 2010
UK
This isn't especially hardcore but I just remembered it and some might find it amusing.

I was part of an Outward Bound course from work when I was 21, and the final challenge was a 4-day self sufficient hike in tent groups of 3 people. On the morning in question it was damp, misty Lakeland weather and I had gone off to spend some quality time with nature as it were...

Imagine my hilarity when what I thought was a pack of toilet tissue turned out to be a boil in the bag chicken curry...

In the interests of weight saving all the cardboard packaging on our food had been removed and I hadn't read the label!

This isn't especially hardcore but I just remembered it and some might find it amusing.

I was part of an Outward Bound course from work when I was 21, and the final challenge was a 4-day self sufficient hike in tent groups of 3 people. On the morning in question it was damp, misty Lakeland weather and I had gone off to spend some quality time with nature as it were...

Imagine my hilarity when what I thought was a pack of toilet tissue turned out to be a boil in the bag chicken curry...

In the interests of weight saving all the cardboard packaging on our food had been removed and I hadn't read the label!

Haha - Yup that counts FOR SURE....

Too funny...

Yipe! at the thought of that... haha..

dwardo

Bushcrafter through and through
Aug 30, 2006
Nr Chester
Every now and then when I think I am safe our kid drags me up a daft big rock and scares me to death.
Anything from near hypothermia (my own fault) to big drops no safety line. slippy rocks and water running up my arm pits.

I suppose its the same thrill as Russian roulette :D More the surviving it rather than enjoying it at the time. I do enjoy the views though.

Maybe a little exaggerated as I get dizzy on thick carpet.

In the woods it might get cold or wet but its never a thrill ride thank the gods.

Salaud

Nomad
Aug 24, 2011
isle of man
Hmmm..not sure this counts, but I think I was cursed when I was younger..quite a few aircraft emergency landings, best one being watching all the engine retaining bolts popping off one at a time at around 12k feet...the others were mainly less dramatic consisting of tyres exploding on landing and some skidding off the runway incidents, it was funny then and still makes me chuckle, especially the way some of my "mates" refused to get on a flight if I was on it lol.
More stupidly in an effort to cope with the boredom, me and a m8 put up a 2 man tent by nailing it to a wooden platform at the top of a radio mast on top of a mountain in the middle of a winter snowstorm. That was not the best nights sleep I've ever had.
Nowadays sea kayaking is probably the most risky thing I do with any regularity .

Sent from my GT-P5110 using Tapatalk 4

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE