Twodogs Canvas Tent project

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Twodogs

Bushcrafter through and through
Nov 16, 2008
West Midland
www.facebook.com
I found out to my horror that i will never own my cabin in the wood :(..........

So a plan was hatched to build a canvas tent in the style of the old explorers :D..

Dave Woods up at Military Mart has helped with the tent and other bits very helpful bloke ........Cheers Dave .

A Swedish army medical tent with a big wood burner ,,,ideal :)

Right then to be honest I brought the tent a few weeks back but due to making " Twodogs " this is the first weekend I have had the chance so its going up whatever the weather..

Pallets on a ground sheet ,,dont panic i intend to level them out ,,,:)

The tent bag is dated 1964 ....older than me ....just

The Tent canvas is dated 1973 ,,fantastic condition and very well made

Did I mention heavy ...:p

This box came with the tent .

Full of good stuff ,,Not the coffee K9 !!!

Anyone know what these are for ?

All the guys had the fittings spliced on ,,,nice touch

Stove jack fitted

And its up ,,

One wet but happy Twodogs

Next up will be leveling the pallets and fitting a slab to put the stove and reflector on ..

Right as I said at the start I want to give it an old school expedition look so I contaced Dave Woods up at Military Mart and brought some Swedish army pallet sides .

Much work later I have loads of wood with character to line the floor and sides ..

So when its done wood burner on the go , candles going ....wooden table :D...

I will update as and when

Twodogs

bilmo-p5

Jul 5, 2010
west yorkshire
Very nice, Cliff.

The doofry that looks like a big'Y' is a hook which fits on a vertical pole.Weight on the long end pulls the hook against the pole whilst pushing the'U' shape against it. It jams like that.
The curly loopy hook thigies look like they are ridge pole hooks; the loopy end goes over the ridge pole and you can hang stuff on the hook end. I used to make similar hooks from wire tent pegs to hang lanterns in the Icelandic.
Just seen the rest of the pics... The 'Y' shaped hook thigies are to set up a shelf or 2.

Last edited:

Imagedude

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Feb 24, 2011
Gwynedd
Looking good so far. Be careful to keep the skirts out of the wet med/grass. I think all the more recent UK tents have plastic skirts to avoid the damp/mildew problems...

Twodogs

Nov 16, 2008
West Midland
www.facebook.com
THE STOVE :)

Today was playing with the stove day ..

The stove that came with the tent was new old stock ,,,nice layer of protective grease ..

Its a lot bigger the the wildo and very solid

With the stove pipe sections came this thing ???

So I start putting the stove pipe up and notice two lugs welded into one of the stove pipe sections ,,,arrrrr thats what it is ,

A spark arrester ,,I did think it was odd in a Scandinavian country not having one :)

Loads of pipe ,,, Think I may fit some guys though

Fire it up and watch the grease cure onto the stove ,,

Its hard to see in the photo but water is steaming off nicely

Had to be done ,,,,Like the heat reflector behind the stove ;)

Megga hot

Ian you were spot on ,,

Next weekend all been well I will start on the floor

Twodogs

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE