Two nights on Dartmoor

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

potboiler

Jan 20, 2009
Dorset
Thanks for sharing your adventure with us. I'm delighted your lad enjoyed it too (and he can tell nan how much he did). You should both be rightly proud of taking up the challenge

Kev T

Jun 23, 2013
Swindon
Thanks all for your comments. I showed Josh earlier and he was really pleased with how many people had taken the time to look at our trip.

Ivan, thanks for your kind offer. We are planning on coming back at the end of may, so I may take you up on that.

Bluffer, cheers for your suggestion. I'll definitely look at getting a Trangia.

tom.moran

Settler
Nov 16, 2013
Swindon, Wiltshire
good write up kev, welcome to the club. im going to take my 3 year old out for a night in the woods this summer on a warm evening just as a first experience. when she is older i hope she will be interested in doing some trip walking and longer camps

on the stove front, someone i knew used to wrap a piece of copper around his gas canister and have an end near the flame to 'sink' the heat and keep the pressure in the can up in cold conditions. it did take a bit of practise at home to work out the optimum/safest distance form the flame but once he'd done that it worked a treat

Bigrich

Jan 26, 2011
Malvern
Great report, thanks for sharing it, nothing better than being at one with the world with the nippers by your side!

Cheers

Rich

Idleknight

Forager
Aug 14, 2013
United Kingdom, Near Hinckley
Hello, good stuff pretty much what I would like to do with my eldest daughter this year (7 year old)
I use a meths stove, however if you have a gas bottle, try to keep it warm, I know someone who puts it in their jacket for a while. Also put something down to insulate the stove from the cold ground.
I plan to get my daughter her own little tablet/esbit style stove, so she feels she has her own stove and its a handy backup to carry.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE