Two new (to me anyways) books by Mors Kochanski

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.
Thanks to the wonders of social media i have become aware of these two books by Mors Kochanski
Basic safe travel and survival in the boreal forest: Gems from wilderness arts and recreation magazine
https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/1894453689/ref=cm_sw_r_fm_awd_DohzwbRJRD4B4
And
Grand syllabus : Instructor trainee programme
https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/1894453670/ref=cm_sw_r_fm_awd_7nhzwbJGQJJK7
I've purchased both (one is going to be a gift from my folks for yule so i shall have to wait for that)
Once theyve arrived and been read i will share my impressions of them but as its Mors i'm sure there will be many useful bits of info and skills in there

I accept no responsibilty if you choose to buy them this close to the festive season :)

Herbalist1

Settler
Jun 24, 2011
North Yorks
Just a quick note to say to anyone interested in getting these that the 'Grand Syllabus' is just that - an outline of skills and profficiencies for instructors. It is a very detailed syllabus but does not contain any information on the subjects listed. So useful if you are planning a course or want to assess your own skill set but you won't learn any techniques/methods from this. It is worth having but you may want to pick it up for around £5 as the kindle edition rather then spend around £16 for the paperback.
Hope that helps - just didn't want anyone rushing out to buy this expecting lots of the great information Mors presents elsewhere and then being disappointed when it wasn't what they imagined it would be. It is exactly what is says on the tin - a comprehensive syllabus NOT the actual teaching material.

Having read the syllabus i agree it doesnt have a lot of content of techniques.
However there are as always gems to be found.
His notes on certification are interesting reading.
And as well if you coupled it with his bushcraft book and pamphlets it would definately be a good learning support book.
It puts me in mind of an NVQ in some ways
Doesnt teach you but asks you to vaildate/prove what you know

Herbalist1

Settler
Jun 24, 2011
North Yorks
Having read the syllabus i agree it doesnt have a lot of content of techniques.
However there are as always gems to be found.
His notes on certification are interesting reading.
And as well if you coupled it with his bushcraft book and pamphlets it would definately be a good learning support book.
It puts me in mind of an NVQ in some ways
Doesnt teach you but asks you to vaildate/prove what you know

Agreed - it's worth having from a self assessment point of view - just wanted folks to be aware what they would be getting.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE