Two fantastic mornings in the woods

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Baggy

Settler
Oct 22, 2009
Essex, UK
www.markbaigent.co.uk
Hi all

I have just had two wonderful mornings in the wood, these are woods that I walk the do in every morning. I see rabbits, squirrels and the very rare glimpse of red deer.

But yesterday while the dog was hunting for rabbits I sat on a log with my back to a tree, the dog spooked a fox which bounded my way and passed within a few feet of me, the fox was a beautiful sleek female. ten mins later a stoat/weasel ( I'm not sure which?) crossed the path... fantastic both firsts for this wood.

Later, further into the wood there were three female red deer resting about fifty feet away, I watched them for 15 mins, they knew I was there but just kept an eye on me without moving. While I was watching them I could also see (and hear) a lesser spotted wood pecker which is another first for me.

Today we went back for the dog walk, when I was parking the car I disturbed a Muntjac which barked at me, I am assuming a male because of the short horns/antlers? Wandering deeper into the wood I spotted some antlers above the undergrowth so I crept closer and saw one male fallow deer and three females resting in the bluebells. I watched them for a while... well until the dog blundered into them and they took off.

Baggy

Settler
Oct 22, 2009
Essex, UK
www.markbaigent.co.uk
Hi all

After the excitement of the walks above I decided to take a camera today and got another great spot, but from a distance

this is full frame with a handheld 400mm lens (full frame sensor)

tree_creeper1.jpg

and a 100% image shows a tree creeper
tree_creeper.jpg

And a lens camera test, handheld 400mm lens, 800asa

full frame

sq1.jpg

and a 100% image
sq2.jpg

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE