twca cam - from chainsaw files

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

2sheds

May 19, 2011
down Gower
i have never made spoon knifes before, i have yet to try them out, they look like spoon knives, need a bit of honing to get a sharp as i'd like.
of course being my first, not knowing much about smithing apart from what i read on here, working outdoors on a brightish day so i could not see the colours properly and being made from chainsaw files they may just snap, maybe they won't hold an edge, who knows? but i am pleased with my first foray into blade smithing.

IMAG0151.jpg

IMAG0153.jpg

IMAG0163.jpg

IMAG0162.jpg

Paul

shaggystu

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Nov 10, 2003
Derbyshire
they look superb, top work there. i'm just getting the various bits and bobs together that i need to have a go at making some spoon knives myself, i'll be really pleased if mine turn out anywhere near as good as yours

stuart

Sean Hellman

Tenderfoot
Apr 19, 2009
devon
www.seanhellman.com
How long have you had those fire bricks? Glad to see you have put them to good use. Nice looking knives, 2 great curves on them, you should have every carving situation covered, how are they working.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE