TW xl Hammock

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

nobby8126

Nomad
Oct 16, 2010
Isle of Wight
No doubt there are already many reviews on this but here are my findings.

Had the chance now to get this out a few times and used for a winter overnighter as there was no need for a bugnet.

It's a well made double skinned no frills hammock, I noticed the width difference to my Hornet (I have the 1.8m wide) but had a comfortable hang none the less. Pad fitted in well but as there is no Velcro or zip on the side flap it's easy to end up off centre when climbing in when dark.

Can't fault the quality or price point and have no reservations using this for a multiple day trip, once again I'm chuffed with the service I received and it is a definite welcome addition to my rapidly growing collection. For an extra few quid more than the price of an ebay special you end up with something versatile and hard wearing.

Tigger004

Feb 27, 2011
Northants
No doubt there are already many reviews on this but here are my findings.

Had the chance now to get this out a few times and used for a winter overnighter as there was no need for a bugnet.

It's a well made double skinned no frills hammock, I noticed the width difference to my Hornet (I have the 1.8m wide) but had a comfortable hang none the less. Pad fitted in well but as there is no Velcro or zip on the side flap it's easy to end up off centre when climbing in when dark.

Can't fault the quality or price point and have no reservations using this for a multiple day trip, once again I'm chuffed with the service I received and it is a definite welcome addition to my rapidly growing collection. For an extra few quid more than the price of an ebay special you end up with something versatile and hard wearing.
I've had several all from tenth wonder, the XL is my go to hammock, even over my green hornet, it's just so easy to use and on compact too

Sent by Tigger from my Tablet

andywragg

Forager
Jun 9, 2016
Sheffield UK
Agreed - my Green Hornet and Compact hammocks have been really good purchases.

I replaced the supplied rope on the Compact with some of the daisy chain tree huggers and dutch clips just using a bit of the rope to gather the hammock ends and create a loop on which to attach a carabiner. I'm using this hammock in the winter when there's no bugs in the air.

I also use the daisy chain tree huggers on the Green Hornet.

I've only used a pad/mat once, and was quite cold even in the summer. I use a Snugpak underblanket now.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE