TW Ultralight Hammock

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.
May 12, 2014
West Yorkshire
Has anybody got one of these?http://www.twhammocks.co.uk/Hammocks/Ultralight-Hammocks/Mint-Green-Ultralight-Hammock

At £11.99 and 370g it seems quite a good buy. Im on the top end of the weight capacity though at 13st.

Im just after a cheap lightweight hammock really, not for overnighters, just a light one i can put in my pack so I can have a rest in while out and about or to be used as a seat/ somewhere to chill out in camp.

Any other suggestions would be appreciated.......

Cheers guys :)

mousey

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Jun 15, 2010
NE Scotland
I got one of those a good few years a ago, still going strong, I was impressed enough to get one of each of my kids so they can leave me a lone in mine. I've had me and three kids in it I'm around 75kg +, 1 child age 8 another age 6 then another age 4.

If your wanting something light for sitting in why not make one yourself? I had some 1oz [35g/sqm] ripstop nylon laying around from previous projects,2m length 1.3m wide with a simple 'whipped' end using a continuous loop I've got an incredibly light hammock [91g] and has been strong enough for me so far. At a push I could lie down in it but doubt it would be comfortable enough for proper sleeping in.

Philster

Settler
Jun 8, 2014
Poole, Dorset
I've got the next one up, the Compact - its a double layer one and much stronger and doesn't weigh much more. Mine lives in my daysack and comes out with me on every walk, a very handy place to take a break and enjoy the views!

May 12, 2014
West Yorkshire
I got one of those a good few years a ago, still going strong, I was impressed enough to get one of each of my kids so they can leave me a lone in mine. I've had me and three kids in it I'm around 75kg +, 1 child age 8 another age 6 then another age 4.

If your wanting something light for sitting in why not make one yourself? I had some 1oz [35g/sqm] ripstop nylon laying around from previous projects,2m length 1.3m wide with a simple 'whipped' end using a continuous loop I've got an incredibly light hammock [91g] and has been strong enough for me so far. At a push I could lie down in it but doubt it would be comfortable enough for proper sleeping in.

Good to know it can take the weight, for the price they are selling them for its a bargain.

I've got the next one up, the Compact - its a double layer one and much stronger and doesn't weigh much more. Mine lives in my daysack and comes out with me on every walk, a very handy place to take a break and enjoy the views!

I did look at the compact one but its nearly double the weight of the ultralight 370g vs 680g

May 12, 2014
West Yorkshire
Well i ordered the TW Ultralight on Friday and Mr Postman dropped it off this morning, Very fast service TW thankyou. Looking forward to setting it up this weekend, Ill take some pics and put them up here.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE