turboflame lighter: refill

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Mr Adoby

Forager
Sep 6, 2008
The woods, Småland, Sweden
I assume that you do as is said above, hold everything upside down?

At least that is how I do it, and I have never had any problem. May also be different lighters and refill cans.

What you want to do is to get the liqufied gas, in the bottom of the refill can, to enter the lighter. If you hold the refill can the right way up only gas goes over.

Hold the refill-can upside down and do a quick hard press down on the lighter refill hole. Takes a few seconds and it's done. Repeat 2-3 times.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gx0R10eAsA0

A slightly more advanced way, if you want to refill when not empty.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A3DAKw4qhnk

Last edited:

mayfly

Life Member
May 25, 2005
Switzerland
Yup, done all that. Mine is actually working at the moment. But been here before. Next refill, who knows. Poor product. Enough soap boxing though! Those deal extreme jobbies look the biz, cheap enough to chuck.

Thoth

Nomad
Aug 5, 2008
Hertford, Hertfordshire
I too have two different models of Turboflames and neither of them will fill or work properly. I've bled them, cleaned them and am now really p****d off as nothing will get them working. I've also got a Blueflame one, which I've had for around 12 or 13 years and is excellent - never had a problem. I've recently filled the Turboflames directly after filling the Blueflame. The latter works the former won't.

Firebringer

Jun 5, 2009
Scotland
Bought two out of interest and both filled fine from empty. I've even managed to refill one that was partially full. On refill used a 'Ronson' Universal Gas Lighter Refill (Yellow Can's with Red Tops' from Tesco's Tobacco Counter). I had no problem with either and the flame is almost scary. No problem lighting my cigars at any rate. I put the lighter at the bottom effectively upside down and 'punched' the can can down onto it so it was all filling downwards. The lighters seem to fill to 3/4 full then stop, I presume must be some sort of pressure equilisation.

Anyway, I've had no problem with either of the two I bought and have been seriously chuffed with them.

nigeltm

Aug 8, 2008
south Wales
I've kept an eye on this thread and have tried all the suggestions on here with no bl**dy success at all!

So I've had enough and binned the Turboflame. Cheepo Bics and matches from now on :)

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE