Try Stick Diagram

THOaken

Native
Jan 21, 2013
England(Scottish Native)
I understand what you mean by just going for it and carving in anyway until it looks like the diagram in the PDF, but here's a thought... Surely Mors is all about efficiency and doing things as fast as possible? So why isn't there a conventional way to do these cuts? I can't imagine how to do the diameter reduction cut, so I'll be sitting there for ever trying to figure out it, whereas if I was told what cuts to make, I could at least try it over and over again and actually practice it instead of trying to figure out how to do it... It seems strange not to actually show you how the notches are made for the most part. I find it strange that there are people posting their try sticks all over the internet and yet no one actually tells you how to actually produce the notches.

:lmao::confused:

lou1661

Jul 18, 2004
Hampshire
Surely the point of a try stick is to get you used to making different cuts depending on the wood grain to make an end result.

Mesquite

It is what it is.
Mar 5, 2008
~Hemel Hempstead~
Surely Mors is all about efficiency and doing things as fast as possible? So why isn't there a conventional way to do these cuts?

He is and there are.

Mors above all else is a teacher of skills but he also knows to learn some skills you have to go and do it to learn the skills yourself.

As for the diameter reduction one that's actually a very simple one to do. Look at it and think how you'd go about doing it and you'll probably be right :)

Stew

Bushcrafter through and through
Nov 29, 2003
Aylesbury
stewartjlight-knives.com
I understand what you mean by just going for it and carving in anyway until it looks like the diagram in the PDF, but here's a thought... Surely Mors is all about efficiency and doing things as fast as possible? So why isn't there a conventional way to do these cuts? I can't imagine how to do the diameter reduction cut, so I'll be sitting there for ever trying to figure out it, whereas if I was told what cuts to make, I could at least try it over and over again and actually practice it instead of trying to figure out how to do it... It seems strange not to actually show you how the notches are made for the most part. I find it strange that there are people posting their try sticks all over the internet and yet no one actually tells you how to actually produce the notches.

:lmao::confused:

It's not all about the destination. The journey is good too. ;)

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE