Tripod Leather and Wood Stool

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Countryman

Native
Jun 26, 2013
North Dorset
I have to admit my kit gets more retro with every purchase.

In January I was hunting in the snow in the Czech Republic and after about 8 hours in the line my legs and back were feeling it. A lovely fella on the next peg offered me a sit on his stool. It was really cool, light, portable and made of wood and leather. Really nicely produced.

Not long after sitting my weary bones I got charged by a big black boar and family. I had to get up in a hurry. The stool was a perfect height to allow this. Not too low.

Anyway I was browsing eBay and found the very item from a maker in Hungary. He's down to his last few and the redesigned item looks like he has opted for cheaper materials.

Very competitively priced versus similar products at £30. Arrived fairly quickly too.

Reading his feedback reminded me of Sonni (Angst)

d5335702ea5d9c20d0ba5a2bad32b784.jpg

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/131571741813

No association other than being happy!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Robson Valley

Nov 24, 2014
McBride, BC
Maybe so but if a corner failed, you might get your Christmas goose a little early. I'd be happy to pay for both comfort and reliability.
I certainly do like the appearance. I can't walk any distance any more but I might set off if I could carry a stool for 5 minutes rests.

John Fenna

Lifetime Member & Maker
Oct 7, 2006
Pembrokeshire
I have made tops for the kind of stool in the first post - and got some free from the local dump!
I just use tripods of hazel cut on site and lashed with paracord.....

mountainm

Bushcrafter through and through
Jan 12, 2011
Selby
www.mikemountain.co.uk
Cheers for the link mate.. that's exactly what i meant.

You could knock one up.. for not much money :)

The leather will cost you at least £15 for decent stuff, you've got to sew it, dye it, treat it - you need the wood, drill, fixings etc. Let's say you're super quick and can do it in an hour and you already have thread and dye. Even at cost you'd struggle to beat £30.

Big G

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Jul 3, 2015
Cleveland UK
The leather will cost you at least £15 for decent stuff, you've got to sew it, dye it, treat it - you need the wood, drill, fixings etc. Let's say you're super quick and can do it in an hour and you already have thread and dye. Even at cost you'd struggle to beat £30.

Mate.. people have put links up were one can be knocked up for around $25.00.. that's all i'm saying.

Countryman

Native
Jun 26, 2013
North Dorset
And then consider the £30 includes postage from Hungary.

If you enjoy a challenge you can save yourself, well how much? £10?

No brainer for me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE