Trip to Veggfjellet, northern Norway, in July (pic heavy)

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Tor helge

Settler
May 23, 2005
Northern Norway
www.torbygjordet.com
:) Two buddies and me desided to leave the women for a while and do some man stuff, drinking and fishing.
The destination was Veggfjellet in Hamarøy. We drove just after work friday afternoon and two ours later we was sitting on the dock drinking beer and waiting for our boat ride. The picture below shows our destination. We started the trip on the pictures right side and ended it at sea level in the pics left side. We had a boat ride both ways.
13390642.jpg

Our ride and our "captain". The boat was very small and I`m sure there is more space in my Guide 147 canoe:) .
14234318.jpg

Below a waterfall on the way up to the cabin. The terrain is steep and one must follow several ledges and find places to climb up between the stone walls.
13390664.jpg

After two ours we are finally at the cabin and beer cans are opened and pipe lit. The cabin is used by shepherds when bringing the sheeps down from the mountain in the fall. We got to borrow it for free the whole weekend if we would clean it. A good deal I think.
13390672.jpg

Below is the view from the cabin door. The small settlement you see is Innhavet in Hamarøy.
13390893.jpg

In the evening we decided to go fishing in a nearby lake. The terrain was steep. As I`m afraid of heights some places was to exciting for my liking. The pictures below are taken at night. At this height we have sun 24 ours around.
13390870.jpg

13390856.jpg

After about 40 minutes we were at the lake. We visited the lake two nights in a row but we only got one small trout. We saw several trouts though. Too early perhaps?
14032181.jpg

While my buddies was fishing (I had forgot the fishing rod at home:eek: ) I minded the fire and baked bread. Not a bad task. After all I had my whisky and tobacco. My two companions thought highly of my fresh baked bread. Amazing how mountain air affects a mans head:rolleyes: .
14234303.jpg

14032153.jpg

14032229.jpg

Sunday we started our way back. We walked trough a stunning scenery and small glaciers.
14234112.jpg

13390840.jpg

The trip down the mountain was a whole story in itself. Our guide was not so familiar with the terrain as he tought and we got to see why it is called Veggfjellet (The wall mountain).
I have no pictures from the descent as I was busy hanging from the tree trunks and swearing:) .
But it was a wonderful weekend and we will go back some time.

Tor

spamel

Banned
Feb 15, 2005
Silkstone, Blighty!
Tor helge said:
I have no pictures from the descent as I was busy hanging from the tree trunks and swearing

:lmao: :lmao: :lmao:

Incredible place you visited, daylight the whole day! That is something I've never encountered, it must be really wierd!

Dan1982

Jan 14, 2006
Cumbria
Great place, Great pics!! Very jealous, what a beautiful part of the world!

Thanks for sharing!

Dan

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE