Tribal Wives

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Matt Weir

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Jun 22, 2006
Tyldesley, Lancashire.
Per your quote, both are not how nature intended 'us' to be.
as for female circumcision, less than 10% of the operations are as extreme as the type mentioned by you. American women are paying thousands of dollars for what is ‘to all intent and purpose’ a female circumcision when they have a clitorodotomy to improve their sex life.
I do not agree with the practice of enforced circumcision of either sex. Do not forget in the USA it is automatically done to baby boys. (Sometimes against the will of the parents,) all in the name of making the boy ‘fit in’ with his peers.
However, I’m not going to leap on the bandwagon of ‘raging abhorrence’, without trying to fully understand the nature of the action.

These women you mention that pay to have a nip and tuck are a separate thing again. They choose to have reconstructive surgery with all the care and aftercare that modern western medicine provides. I don't particularly hold a ‘raging abhorrence’ of the type of female circumcision in discussion however I don't think it's right as it's certainly not carried out with the girls best interests in mind. It can be argued that it's in the tribe best interest for the ultimate goal of procreation but it stems from the male influence and preference so again even as a so called cultural tradition it is basically wrong.

Simply put if a person wishes to alter their physically being be it shave hair, put holes through flesh and stick metal in through to chop bits off and totally reshape then that should be a personal choice not mandatory.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE