Tri colour PLCE bergen

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

robadams

Forager
Aug 19, 2004
Hampshire
Hi,

Have any of you guys got one of these

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=170412291067&ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT

I seem to recall seeing some photos posted by someone a couple of years ago and would be interested to know what people think of it.
Having used a short back version for most of my mil career I know that my berghaus is far more comfortable but this would only appear to come in 1 size. Has anyone done a kit review of this or got any thoughts to offer up.

I know that these were procurred in the early days of the Afgahnistan campaign after 9/11 but it was decided that they would not be issued because the cam pattern was US and not Brtish DPM.

Has anyone used one and how do they stack up against a berghaus?

regards

Mike8472

Jul 28, 2009
west yorkshire
Its just a modern British army issue bergen in another colour. if you have ever used one of them it would be exactly the same.

I used to use a longback one all the time until I got my lowe alpine sting.
great for extended camps because you can cram all 120L full of goodies but it is uncomfortable compared to civilian packs and heavy.

UltimateSurvivor

Tenderfoot
Aug 13, 2010
Richmond North Yorkshire.
Hi,

Have any of you guys got one of these

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=170412291067&ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT

I seem to recall seeing some photos posted by someone a couple of years ago and would be interested to know what people think of it.
Having used a short back version for most of my mil career I know that my berghaus is far more comfortable but this would only appear to come in 1 size. Has anyone done a kit review of this or got any thoughts to offer up.

I know that these were procurred in the early days of the Afgahnistan campaign after 9/11 but it was decided that they would not be issued because the cam pattern was US and not Brtish DPM.

Has anyone used one and how do they stack up against a berghaus?

regards

Rob,

Like you, I used my Issue Longback for most of my forces career and still do. Great kit. It might not be as comfortable as civvy gear but nothing in the forces ever is! It does it's job amazingly well.

I use a berghaus bergen occasionally. But i always find myself coming back to my ex issue gear.

Regards.

troopermaz

Apr 15, 2010
Highworth
yep just a desert camo Royal Armoured Corp bergen, not as easy to fit stuff in as the long back infantry bergen but better designed to fit into truck cabs etc.

robadams

Forager
Aug 19, 2004
Hampshire
Thanks for the replies. I am pretty certain that it is the PLCE Bergen rather than the other arms bag (with a zip cover for the shoulder straps). I am not that tall and just wondered what the back length was like.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE