Norwegian army canvas pack - weight?

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

LM J

Nomad
Nov 26, 2008
Cumbria
Good man. Thanks.

Edit: Would you say that its capacity is approx. 60 litres, like it says on the Ebay description?

Last edited:

myotis

Apr 28, 2008
Somerset, UK.
60 litres, Mmmm.

The front of the sac comes up very high, and its fairly wide, so it could be 60 litres once you add in the pockets, but I don't think its a very generous 60 litres.

Then again I've had rucksacks labelled all sorts of sizes and they have never really matched what I expected, even when the same make, so I have no idea how they measure these things.

I haven't yet used it, but there is an earlier (but recent) thread somewhere here that illustrates one loaded along with the emptied out contents.

Graham

LM J

Nomad
Nov 26, 2008
Cumbria
Yeah, found that thread. It'd be interesting to know how the weight of the leather and the nylon one compare.

Very tempting (although unnecessary as already have a Sabre 45 and side pockets)...

myotis

Apr 28, 2008
Somerset, UK.
It was in very good nick. Pretty much as they said, unissued but stored for a long time. A little bit of rust on the frame, but canvas looked perfect, and no rust on any buckles. The leather was all good.

Graham

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE