Trees & Shrubs book

andy_e

Native
Aug 22, 2007
Scotland
Is this book of use to anyone? Readers Digest Field Guide to Trees and Shrubs of Britain, it calls itself a field guide but it's probably a bit bulky to be much use outdoors. It's a decent reference though with some nice clear illustrations and photos. It's hardback and in excellent condition, somehow I've manage to acquire two copies of it. If someone wants my spare copy, PM me and it's yours.

DSC00104.jpg

Attachments

• DSC00104.jpg
    DSC00104.jpg
    26.4 KB · Views: 2

Matt Weir

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Jun 22, 2006
Tyldesley, Lancashire.
That's very kind of you Andy and although I'd love to have it I have benefited from a freebie this month by way of SOARs handmade leather belt pouch.

So, begrudgingly, I won't PM for this and hope someone deserving gets it :)

Have a virtual rep though :D

EDIT: LOL Geoff got in as I was posting. Make sure you get a good study of the barks eh Geoff ;) :lmao:

andy_e

Native
Aug 22, 2007
Scotland
Thanks Matt, only been on the forum for a few months now but have gained a lot of useful info from everyone and as I said to Geoff I'm just happy to see this book go to a good home.

Toadflax

Native
Mar 26, 2007
Oxfordshire
Many thanks to andy for the book. :You_Rock_ I've found that there is a lot of give and take here. I got some freebies early on in my membership, I've done some swaps, but I've also had the chance to give some stuff away as well, so I feel that I'm probably 'in balance' overall.

And Matt, I'm religiously studying the bark of trees as I walk past them now!

Geoff

Toadflax

Native
Mar 26, 2007
Oxfordshire
Many thanks to andy_e :thanks: for the book, which arrived this morning. It's in immaculate condition and would have been great for Mr Red's tree bark competition. I wonder if it is possible to make a bushcraft time machine so that I can go back and win the competition...

Geoff

andy_e

Native
Aug 22, 2007
Scotland
You're very welcome Geoff, glad it's gone to a good home. I also have one from the same series on the Flowering Plants of Britain. Unfortunately I only have the one so won't be giving that away. It's worth looking out for as the illustrations, photos and descriptions are of the same quality.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE