Tree identity ??

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

hedgerow pete

Need to contact Admin...
Jan 10, 2010
smethwick , west midlands
whilst I was out walking this afternoon I was try to identify trees without leaves, sad I know but good fun, cant seem to find this one, it is in an urban area so could be any tree in the plant world ,best guess i can up with was either a laburnum, but seams very tall for that or a pagoda tree , so what do you lot think any ideas. I have uploaded a film of it on to you tube if you want to see the whole tree and its bark as i dont know who to upload photos yet

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9c7nx7OKplg

goodjob

fred gordon

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Mar 8, 2006
Aberdeenshire
Shot in the dark here, but is it laburnum? Might be a bit big but the only thing I can think of at the moment.:confused:

hedgerow pete

Need to contact Admin...
Jan 10, 2010
smethwick , west midlands
thanks for that the next question is do i stick the chain saw through it as it free to chop up and is the wood of any use, I could do with some new tool handles at the allotment and i have always wanted to build a pole lathe ??

Weesi

Forager
Sep 19, 2008
Scotland
Make sure you don't get the containers mixed up. Label clearly!!!:goodnight:
Second that!.. I had a Rosary Pea kicking around the house for 30 years.
I just thought it was a colourfull bean from abroad.
Turns out it's one of the most toxic seeds on the planet!.. Ricin poison is it's close relative..
I no longer have it after finding this out... The wee one would probably pop it in her mouth given a chance.
Be safe people!..

On a lighter note. I hate rats so the best of luck and hope they lap the stuff up!..

Simon

hertsboy

Forager
May 16, 2009
Watford, Hertfordshire
Yep I agree that's laburnum

And it's very good hard wood - so make sure you saw is sharp. It will take a lot of carving but once you've made something out of it, it will be extremely strong and probably last as long as you do!

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE