Tree hooks!

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Brizzlebush

Explorer
Feb 9, 2019
Bristol
Whilst family camping recently, we needed somewhere to hang coats, rubbish bags, jumpers and so on.

It annoys me to have rubbish bags on the floor as they're just a bit of a faff to use, and keeping things off the floor is always good.

I came up with these tree hooks.
They're probably not original. I've used forked branches before. But I had a hazel log instead and split it down.
20210911_112803.jpg

They're a bit rough, not the cleanest carving I've ever done, but I quite like the look of them and they were great fun to carve. I'll probably tidy them up a bit.

They're very strong and you're only limited by the size of the tree you find and the length of cord you've got.
Using your jam knot of choice they're quick and easy to put up and take down too.
20210911_112533.jpg
Handy place to dry your mug too!

Robson Valley

Nov 24, 2014
McBride, BC
It's age I tell you, age. Gets to the point where groveling around just isn't fun any more. Gravity becomes your enemy.

Great solution to the puzzle.
Could you have added second barbs to hang things on?

Reactions: Brizzlebush

Brizzlebush

Explorer
Feb 9, 2019
Bristol
It's age I tell you, age. Gets to the point where groveling around just isn't fun any more. Gravity becomes your enemy.

Great solution to the puzzle.
Could you have added second barbs to hang things on?
Too true Robson. I try to keep a tidy camp. Nature doesn't always supply the right kit.

I think that could be in tree hook 2.0

I had all 3 wrapped around a 2ft dia tree, which gave some good distance between the stuff hanging up. Particularly the bin bag. Keeping that away from our furry friends, and keeping the bag shut from wasps was key.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE