Tree camping, does anyone do it?

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

caliban

Need to contact Admin...
Apr 16, 2008
edinburgh
This is a very cool thread. Thanks to the OP for starting it. Some great pictures. I really like the big nets/hammock combo, treehouse thingy. There is definately a security appeal to sleeping in a tree, notwithstanding the obvious dangers.

Muddyhands

Tenderfoot
May 6, 2010
Wiltshire
i was going to say they are quite good at dropping big branches at the wrong time... i can see the benefit of being in a tree when there are wolves and stuff around but i dont think a rabbit attack is a good enough excuse :D

You haven't seen one of these then ;)

were-rabbit.jpg

addo

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Feb 8, 2006
Derbyshire
Sorry folks but I fail to see the point unless solely as a novelty!

The only explanation I can think of for anyone wanting to sleep up a tree is that they've never been cold, wet and miserable.

Because it might be fun?

Rig a tarp up and a decent sleeping bag in the hammock and I'll be just the same comfort wise, as on the ground.

You can still cook and warm yourself by the fire at the base of the tree.

Bushcraftsman

Native
Apr 12, 2008
Derbyshire
even this idea has no "practical" purpose, it does look like a good laugh :D and something I know I'll regret not trying ;) *grabs hammock and heads off up to the woods* :D

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE