Traquair Medieval Fayre. 25 / 26 May 2024

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Tantalus

May 10, 2004
Galashiels
I've been the last 2 years and I'll be going this year, great event and they do a lovely home-brew beer there are a few good stalls too.
The story is that the current Laird's father was clearing out some rooms in the cellar when he realised he was looking at huge brewing vats and had uncovered an old brewing room. So he decided to make his own beer there. The brewery is still brewing away to this day.
I dont drink any more, but tasted the stuff years ago. Enjoyed it back then and seem to remember it was pretty strong stuff.
There are a couple of permanent craft workshops in the grounds, jewelry, leatherwork etc which produce and sell stuff.
All that with a healthy dollop of local history - and men on horses trying to kill each other :eek: What's not to like ??

Last edited:

TinkerDave

May 15, 2024
Lanarkshire
The story is that the current Laird's father was clearing out some rooms in the cellar when he realised he was looking at huge brewing vats and had uncovered an old brewing room. So he decided to make his own beer there. The brewery is still brewing away to this day.
I dont drink any more, but tasted the stuff years ago. Enjoyed it back then and seem to remember it was pretty strong stuff.
There are a couple of permanent craft workshops in the grounds, jewelry, leatherwork etc which produce and sell stuff.
All that with a helathy dollop of local history - and men on horses trying to kill each other :eek: What's not to like ??
Thats interesting! I never knew that, my pal has a stall so I go with him and help him get set up the laird and lady usually come round and give us some beer and it's pretty strong stuff and it goes down even better cos it's free lol. I'll need to look out for the Leathercraft I must've missed it, My dad is a leathercrafter and has been hinting I could help him out more so I'm taking more of an interest in it now, Great stuff can I ask what day are you attending?

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE