Translation requested!

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Retired Member southey

M.A.B (Mad About Bushcraft)
Jun 4, 2006
your house!
इ चामे तो ब्लच्क्पूल् अण्ड अल्ल् इ गोत् वस् थिस रिन्ग!

لقد جئت إلى بلاكبول وجميع ما حصلت عليه هو هذا الخاتم!(for those who cant read Sanskrit):p

calibanzwei

Settler
Jan 7, 2009
Warrington, UK
बँ क्दुकाय नमः [Bam kdukāya namaḥ]
Is what I've been presented with so far - no sign of the main Sanskrit guy yet (I'm in no great rush... I've waited this long :D )

@nitrambur, would नम mean the same as नमः from that translation? Hmmmm

Zingmo

Eardstapa
Jan 4, 2010
S. Staffs
इ चामे तो ब्लच्क्पूल् अण्ड अल्ल् इ गोत् वस् थिस रिन्ग!

LMAO :lmao:

Z

nitrambur

Settler
Jan 14, 2010
Nottingham
I was taking it as Tamah तमः rather than Namah नमः but I guess it could be, as in the mantra Om Namah Shivaya

calibanzwei

Settler
Jan 7, 2009
Warrington, UK
Sanskrit guy has spoken!
The inscription on ring is बँ वटुकाय नमः spoken as bam watukaya namah

watuka is a name of a deity called 'kalabhairawa'
bam is its seed syllable.
namah means salutation.

So in all, it means 'Salutation to Watuka/Kalabhairawa'

http://kalabhairava.org/

Bhairava in Sanskrit means the person have no fear , Bhairava is one of the form of shiva and he is a pramada gana of lord shiva

Bhairava himself has eight manifestations: Kala Bhairava, Asitanga Bhairava, Samhara Bhairava, Ruru Bhairava, Krodha Bhairava, Kapala Bhairava, Rudra Bhirava and Unmatta Bhairava. Kala Bhairava is the Guru of the Saturn( Shani Bhagavan). In Sinhalese Bahirawa, protects treasures. Lord Bhairava is the main deity worshipped by the Aghora sect.

Lord Kala Bhairava is also known as Kshetrapalaka, the guardian of the temple. In honor of this, keys to the temple are ceremonially submitted to Lord Kaala Bhairava at temple closing time and are received from him at opening time.

Lord Kaala Bhairava is also the guardian of travellers. The Siddhas advise us that before embarking on a journey, especially one that involves travel during the night, we should make a garland of cashew nuts and decorate Lord Kala Bhairava with it. We should light jothi lamps in His honor and request His protection during our travel.

The vahana (vehicle) of Lord Kaala Bhairava is the dog. Feeding and taking care of dogs is another way of showing our devotion to Lord Kaala Bhairava.

Kala Bhairava Ashtami, which occurs in December/January is an important day for worshipping the Lord.

sree+maha+Kalabhairava+swami.gif

I like the sound of this guy :D

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE