Trangia Winter Attachment

lamper

Jun 4, 2009
Brighton UK
www.peligra.com
Guys seriously? It's not worth money for, it should come with the burner.

When using mine in the snow or just damn cold a piece of foil folded a few times works just as well.

First up in this sort of weather, you need to keep your fuel bottle warm, so in your pocket etc. This will make a massive difference as the meths has to gasify to work.

Fill the burner, and on both the military and civi burner there is a groove that run round the top middle, put a couple of drops on there and them some on the foil

Light the foil fuel, and stand the burner on it.

BOOM! (maybe not that big), but should work a treat!

Twodogs

Bushcrafter through and through
Nov 16, 2008
West Midland
www.facebook.com
Just had this from the main UK distributer ,

Hi,

Thanks for your mail.

Unfortunately this product is not available in the UK.

Sorry to disappoint.

:(.........what can say dont we get it cold enough in the UK :rolleyes:

Twodogs

MrEd

Life Member
Feb 18, 2010
Surrey/Sussex
www.thetimechamber.co.uk
I refer to my original post ^^^^^^^^

Unless this is free - and at 14,900 KR I doubt it :eek: - kitchen foil will do for me.

its not your money twodogs is spending is it? if he wants to get one then thats his business. maybe he doesnt want to carry around a bit of tinfoil and would prefer something made specifically for the job.

but thanks for your input and tip

rik_uk3

Banned
Jun 10, 2006
south wales
Right chaps, take the top or bottom of en empty shoe polish tin, put three metal nuts loose in the bottom to put the burner on, add fuel to your 'warmer' and light and away you go; no need at all to spend money on this.

You can use a bit of fibre glass cloth as a wick or just a couple of match sticks to wick the meths.

Twodogs, MrEd if I find out you have spent good money on a bit of tut like that kit I'll have a chat with the wife and have you both sectioned.

MrEd

Life Member
Feb 18, 2010
Surrey/Sussex
www.thetimechamber.co.uk
Right chaps, take the top or bottom of en empty shoe polish tin, put three metal nuts loose in the bottom to put the burner on, add fuel to your 'warmer' and light and away you go; no need at all to spend money on this.

You can use a bit of fibre glass cloth as a wick or just a couple of match sticks to wick the meths.

Twodogs, MrEd if I find out you have spent good money on a bit of tut like that kit I'll have a chat with the wife and have you both sectioned.

lol is she a copper or a mental nurse?

and thats a more ingenious solution than a bit of tin foil lol....

might experiment, will get cleaning my boots lol

rik_uk3

Banned
Jun 10, 2006
south wales
lol is she a copper or a mental nurse?

and thats a more ingenious solution than a bit of tin foil lol....

might experiment, will get cleaning my boots lol

Good man, she is a mental health nurse, very senior mental health nurse to boot, I'm very proud of her and her achievements these last 25 years.

MrEd

Life Member
Feb 18, 2010
Surrey/Sussex
www.thetimechamber.co.uk
Good man, she is a mental health nurse, very senior mental health nurse to boot, I'm very proud of her and her achievements these last 25 years.

excellent so you should be, im a normal nurse lol so have some knowlegde of sectioning people - we always get the psyches involved when it needs to be done though!

nice one, tell her happy nurses day for the 12th may :)

tenderfoot

Nomad
May 17, 2008
north west uk
excellent so you should be, im a normal nurse lol so have some knowlegde of sectioning people - we always get the psyches involved when it needs to be done though!

nice one, tell her happy nurses day for the 12th may :)

Speaking as a nurse of 30yrs standing,( and it was mostly standing!)I can categorically state that there is no such thing as a "normal" nurse.
Happy nurses day to one and all.

myotis

Apr 28, 2008
Somerset, UK.
http://www.friluft.se/product_info.php?manufacturers_id=34&products_id=2590

No idea if they sell to the UK, try them. I would go for the omnifuel conversion for winter use.

I have just had a look at this site and they refer to overseas shipping and give an option of seeing the site in English with UKP prices, so the inference is that they will sell to the UK.

Useful link as they also have the HA Trangias that again aren't imported into the UK.

But prices are high compared to UK prices and I've no idea how much shipping will add.

Graham

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE