trangia argument

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

what type of stove?

• gas

Votes: 105 21.9%
  • trangia

Votes: 375 78.1%

• Total voters

TFan

Tenderfoot
Nov 3, 2010
Buckinghamshire
Whichever set you go for, just the one should do you unless you're planning on cooking something fancy.

However, a civvie Trangia set new is going to cost you £50+ (conservatively), the military set you can pick up for £10-£12.

Ronnie

Settler
Oct 7, 2010
Highland
Now, if someone made a copy of the Swedish Army stove in titanium, and stuck a genuine Trangia burner in it - we'd have the ultimate bushcraft camp stove... ;)

rik_uk3

Banned
Jun 10, 2006
south wales
hey there i am knew to the site but not entirly new to bushcraft although i still have alot i want to learn
im a bit confused the discription seems to contradict each other eg which one is the civvie and military one you say the big 1 +civvie then change it at the end to the big 1 = military.. which 1 is the best one the ones from the swedish army set or the civvie set. im skint and trying to organise a 9 day hike along the canal to raise money for charity and trying to get my self kitted out on a budget and light weight im think trangia is the way forward for me but which 1 lol. i hope this dont come across as agressive lol im just confused of the above but i want the quicker and lnger burning time of the 2 if there is a differance. due to fuel carrying all though i should be able to get more at the marinas im sure..

thankyou and look forward to being here with you all

If you have a store near you
http://www.clasohlson.co.uk/Product/Product.aspx?id=158410255 its a better setup than the Swedish Army alcohol cookset (they are not Trangia's).

A little gas stove may suit you more to start with http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/NEW-Go-System...amping_CookingSupplies_ET&hash=item1c09739417

courtney

Tenderfoot
Feb 21, 2011
near rugby
my concern is carring the gas, i dont want the air anbulance to come and rescue us while we are trying to raise money for them lol.. the meths i can cope with plus would be easier for me to get it along the way from the canal marinas. off to the air abulance fundraiser manager to get all the sponsor gear later. banners collections pots ect. comapaines wont donate even if it is a very good cause. i also cant wait to get back in to bush craft in genral i used to love it as a teen.

cave_dweller

Nomad
Apr 9, 2010
Vale of Glamorgan
I've been eyeing up the Clas Ohlson Trangia lookalike, and wondering if it was any good. Based on Richard's recommendation I'll take a punt, especially since they're a tenner.

Now I'm wondering how much fettling would be needed to get it to take some kind of multi-fuel burner (in particular, one of the Chinese E-Bay jobs)? I tried to get some details from the Ebay links posted earlier in the thread, but given that we're now about 5 years on, unsurprisingly most of the links are now dead!

I figure you could put together a very tidy multi-fuel system for not too much money by combining "imitation Trangia" with "Imitation Nova"! Does anyone have an up-to-date link to one of these Chinese EBay mult-fuel burners please? I feel a Frankenstove coming on.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE