traditional crafts at the V&A

  • The awesome MakerMoot is coming up (13-15th Nov 2026), Visit the TORM & ARM markets,and have space back at camp to work on projects and enjoy great company. PLEASE CLICK HERE for more information.

robin wood

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Oct 29, 2007
3,054
1
derbyshire
www.robin-wood.co.uk
Folk who have been following the progress of the Heritage Crafts Association might like to know we have been offered use of the V&A for our press launch and forum in March. Mark Jones director of the V&A is as concerned about the loss of hand skills as we are. We hope to take a range of crafts and working craftspeople to show off to journalists and politicians to highlight the wonderful skills we have in the UK and the fact that many of them may not be passed on to the next generation.

There really could be no better venue in the UK to put traditional crafts in the limelight.

www.heritagecrafts.org.uk
 
This sounds fantastic!

I hope there are no silly complications like blades around politicians, you know i wish i hadnt said that.......

Not something I have had a problem with, over the last few weeks I have been in and out of the House of Lords and Commons and portcullis house many times carrying knives and scissors, going through all the x ray machines then meeting with ministers and never a question. Pics here http://www.britishblades.com/forums/showthread.php?t=92125&highlight=westminster
 

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE